Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still annoying as hell that Barca have just spent millions and no repercussions like we have.

That's because they've sold off a significant portion of their future TV revenue (sound familiar?) and it's the leagues own P&S which is crippling us, not FFP.

What's going on with Patterson? Surrey can't be that bad that he can't get a game?

Seeing is believing on that score.

I said a few weeks back way before Kenny was released that we'd see more transfer activity for the RB slot.

It's obvious that Coleman wont last the coming season and that Patterson isn't up to defending in the PL.

Maybe the Aarons link is correct or maybe it's not, but Ild be staggered if we didn't get another player in who can play RB / RWB.

Seeing is believing on that score.

I said a few weeks back way before Kenny was released that we'd see more transfer activity for the RB slot.

It's obvious that Coleman wont last the coming season and that Patterson isn't up to defending in the PL.

Maybe the Aarons link is correct or maybe it's not, but Ild be staggered if we didn't get another player in who can play RB / RWB.
Welcome home, Djibril Sidibe.

Would love us to get shut of Dacoure, must still be worth a few quid as long as potential buyers don't look at any last season DVD's!!
I accept he runs around alot but general skill and ability to feed the frontline is pretty much non existent!!
With our current squad, any formation involving a 2-man midfield will have to include Doucoure.

With our current squad, any formation involving a 3-man midfield will have to include Doucoure.

Why?

Simple: name a 2-man midfield from our current squad (not including Doucoure) and explain why it's not improved by swapping him in. Then do the same for a 3-man lineup.

I understand and agree that Doucoure isn't by any means good enough for where we want to be. However he's better than Gomes, Davies, Gbamin and Allan... So he starts. And unless the club brings in at least two players better than him in the next fortnight, he starts in our first PL fixture.

Far bigger problems in this squad than Doucoure.

Paddy Davitt from the famous Eastern Daily Press reports that we are apparently monitoring Max Aarons.

More than likely a load of turd, but thought I'd post it anyway, just to add to the ever growing Wham list
If it was Paddy Davitt then I'd believe it as he doesn't make stuff up. BUT, it's linked to the S*n so it's total crap

Any team that spent £500m would not.

Any team that spent £500m on crap, then yes they would.

How long are we going to keep going on about 500 million? We not counting the sales of Lukaku Stones Barkley Gueye and now Richarlison against that figure? Of course we could have spent money better but just because we spent some money in some windows a few years ago doesn’t mean that we should be able to survive losing key players right down the spine of the team for a whole season.

Take Van Dijk Fabinho Salah out of Liverpool

Militao Modric Benzema from Madrid

Lewandowski Kimmich Hernandez from Bayern

They’d replace them but they’d have a huge drop off in performance. They’re some of the richest clubs in the world.

It’s utterly ludicrous to suggest that if Palace lost the spine of their team like Everton did last season that they wouldn’t be negatively affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back