Transfer Rumour Leander Dendoncker

Yes or No

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's played almost every game for Wolves since he signed, who have been a fairly consistently decent side and he's also played consistently for Belgium who are ranked among the best sides in the world but nah he's not good enough for us who almost got relegated and currently have a holographic midfield. I don't think we're gonna sign him but I'd definitely take him and he'd start for us undoubtedly.

Going off here though any player that has already played in the Premier League and isn't always in the team of the season is an utter crock and we'd be better served spending the money on some 17 year old Swiss wonderkid from the Azerbaijan Second Division.
I don't think too many people are saying he's not good enough for us, more that he wouldn't necessarily be a good signing. That's not the same thing. He started 21 games for Wolves last year so just over half, despite not missing any games through injury. He's been a utility player for them, filling in in different positions for a midtable side. He's also not really played 'consistently' for Belgium - he's started 18 games in 7 years.

He's a decent player, a steady eddie. He'd be able to come in and do a job for us, which is fine. Signing players in their late 20s who you already know are average isn't really a great way of getting better though. We've been doing it for years, and it's one of the main reasons we're in the mess we're in. Most of us were hoping that this summer would see us start the process of a reset, with younger players coming in and us looking to utilise different markets, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen based on the links we've seen, and it's pretty disappointing.

I don't think too many people are saying he's not good enough for us, more that he wouldn't necessarily be a good signing. That's not the same thing. He started 21 games for Wolves last year so just over half, despite not missing any games through injury. He's been a utility player for them, filling in in different positions for a midtable side. He's also not really played 'consistently' for Belgium - he's started 18 games in 7 years.

He's a decent player, a steady eddie. He'd be able to come in and do a job for us, which is fine. Signing players in their late 20s who you already know are average isn't really a great way of getting better though. We've been doing it for years, and it's one of the main reasons we're in the mess we're in. Most of us were hoping that this summer would see us start the process of a reset, with younger players coming in and us looking to utilise different markets, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen based on the links we've seen, and it's pretty disappointing.

On the plus side, those links have remained exactly what they are thus far: links.

Solid DM, yes. Unspectacular but does a job his age isn't ideal but if he's only around ten million, good deal.

Why are we only "exploring" we should be bidding and signing at this stage, it's absurd the slowness of our dealings...

Dier has been there for eight years and consistently started the majority of league games under five different managers. The season where he played the least games was due to an injury keeping him out for two months.

These managers must all be missing something!
Thsts fine
You think he's good , I think he's pants.

Sensible post. We were told the plan was younger hungrier players. So far we have one signing who is a 29 year old (noted it was on a free) but if we supplement this further players in this age profile it shows we have failed miserably

We need steady Eddie's.

I do get we should be looking younger, hungrier players. But at the moment our midfield is that bad I don't think those type of players would benefit us and them.

Theyd need support and we don't have that.

We need steady Eddie's.

I do get we should be looking younger, hungrier players. But at the moment our midfield is that bad I don't think those type of players would benefit us and them.

Theyd need support and we don't have that.
All about opinions isn’t it. Personally I don’t see any benefit in continuing with the strategy that got us into this mess in the first place and that’s exactly how I’d see this transfer. The arguments for signing him are pretty much exactly the same as they were for signing doucoure.

While I agree that we should be going after young talented players who can step into a Premier League team and do a job, my problem is that how do you attract such players to a team that flirted with relegation last season and then sold their best player, the one who was responsible for keeping them in the league and then replaced him with a centre half on a free. Added to this you can’t point to any major changes in the hierarchy within the club that might indicate a change of approach to how things have been run. These players cost money and are looking to the future, they want to be in with a chance of competing or at least not being worried that a clause in their contract is going to kick in and reduce their wages when they get relegated. I am afraid steady eddies are the best we can hope for until we steady the ship.
I hope and pray I’m wrong and that we bring in two young hungry talented midfielders, a goal scoring forward aged 22 and a 24 year old centre half who can head a ball, tackle and step out of defence to hit pinpoint passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.