Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Know we've got enough problems of our own but if I was a Brighton fan I'd be getting a bit nervous, lost White and Burn last season, Bissouoma this summer and potentially Cucurella and Maupay departing all without any substantial replacement so far, not to mention the loss of Ashworth to Newcastle. They'll have trousered plenty of cash and know it's their approach to sign players under the radar but if the two sales go through they've got a big few weeks to get players in or their squad is suddenly looking pretty damn weak.

They've got some lad in called Deniz Undav as a striker who some are saying might be quite good. For midfield they've got Caicedo and Mwepu who both look good.

They've got some lad in called Deniz Undav as a striker who some are saying might be quite good. For midfield they've got Caicedo and Mwepu who both look good.
Yeah Undav banged them in in Belgium but that doesn't always translate. Don't get me wrong, they operate absolutely the right way and their policy is clearly to cash in on established players and buy bags of potential, just if I was a fan I'd be slightly concerned that without a couple of good signings for now they are maybe getting caught at a point in that cycle where they are short on established quality and overly reliant on potential. Still rather be run like them than us though of course.

You’re right, but then we’d have to assume that Kenwrong and Moshiri told them the truth about the situation.
My thought was they knew the situation so the bluffing wouldn’t be relevant.
As much as I hate to say it, if we're in a position where we're asking for loans or purchases on tick, we're more than likely looking at players from clubs that can not only afford to be charitable, but with whom we generally play ball when it comes to selling our own assets.
we haven’t got any assets left

Know we've got enough problems of our own but if I was a Brighton fan I'd be getting a bit nervous, lost White and Burn last season, Bissouoma this summer and potentially Cucurella and Maupay departing all without any substantial replacement so far, not to mention the loss of Ashworth to Newcastle. They'll have trousered plenty of cash and know it's their approach to sign players under the radar but if the two sales go through they've got a big few weeks to get players in or their squad is suddenly looking pretty damn weak.

Brighton‘s recruitment team are one of, if not, the best in the Premier league. Seem to find gems time after time that bigger teams covet. I would be looking at any player they agree a fee with to then try and outmuscle them somehow

Dan Ashworth was just the technical director at Brighton, the real key to their recruitment is a guy called Paul Winstanley.

So 12 clubs have spent over £50m. We are one of 3 clubs who have spent nothing. The other 2 are Bournemouth and Leicester. I know Bournemouth are in financial trouble. Not sure what is going on at Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.