Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah that was just his agent floating rumours to get him a move away. He is a wantaway player with a bad attitude and we shouldn't be in the market for anyone who is rumoured to be in the market for that reason. We need loyalty not anyone who is looking to jump ship the minute they get relegated

Oh and he also got found out last year for being woeful
Bad attitude? In what way?

What you all seem to be forgetting is, after a year out, Davies and Gbammin will be like new signings.

On a serious note if Kev doesn’t pull his finger out and get a striker and some creativity soon, we are going to be in serious trouble. I can see about 10 goals all season in this squad.
Crap.

I'm an ex semi pro left footed player who is also right handed (LB,LWB,LW). We are wired very differently from your standard right footed player. @Paul Rideout explained it very well a few pages back. Regardless of the level, we are very one footed to the point of it being a little embarrassing if asked to play continuously just on our right peg.
On our left peg though we seem to carry an ability to use it better than most righties can on thier right peg. I have no idea why that is but it's why a lefty stands out. Its like all our abilities are concentrated on one foot rather than spread about. If a right footer has a 70/30 split across both pegs then a lefty tends to be more 90/10. That means a better first touch & a better cross. A lot of lefties tend to be quick too & carry quite the power in thier strikes & hit them cleaner. Left footed players are from young brought up in a right sided world so we learn the game differently. It's what makes us stand out but we realise our flaws quickly too which is anything in the first 2/3rds of the pitch on the right hand side. We love the last third but become one trick ponies & get found out fast when constantly cutting inside because we are too crap to cross on our right peg.
There are of course exceptions but my point is a generalisation about left sided players at all levels.
As a right-sided player that became an inverted wing for power in later years (because my one distinguishing characteristic was raw speed), I feel you. Different skill set, but the same basic problem of footedness.

So did Aarons yet you're willing to give him a pass because Norwich was abysmal
No he didn't. He wasn't being hoiunded out of the club by irate Norwich fans.

Gilmour is utter tosh, that';s why Chelsea dont want him and there isn't a queue for his signature. He's lightweight and limited.

We need something more substantial than him.

Deal reported to be season long loan deal paying his wages in full, around €16,000 per week. €10m purchase option.

JJK replacement.
Which player? Sounds great regardless of which one under present financial conditions, but that detail does matter.

He's a repacement if he can play off both sides mate.

If not, we have to be bin the hunt for another right sided defender.

Arguably, Holgate and Godfrey can come across at full back at a pinch particularly on the right side mate, as emergency back up for Coleman and Patterson - remember the Carlo wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.