Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've gotta think the club must be tempted to not trigger Doucoures extra year till we see where we are in Jan. I couldn't see a free agent Doucoure landing at anyone higher than us to start

Why does everyone assuming we will sign gilmour. Not seen any links
Chelsea picked up the option, then Tuchel didn't give him a squad number. Obviously, they think they have some quality that doesn't fit their system, and want to loan out.

If you're trying to drive up Gilmour's sale price, sending him to a manager that rates him, has a need and will play him is a good bet. Another good bet is that Chelsea will drag it out, because somebody further up the food chain could have an injury and decide Gilmour is the best available solution.

Lets do that then.

Personally, I would sell every one of our midfielders and buy new 1s.
Fully on board with this, they’re a mixture of bang average and utterly tragic. In order of how I’d punt them:

Gomes - madness from us giving him a 5 year deal on that wage. Was inconsistent before the leg break, and useless after it.

Gbamin - hard to blame the kid but he’s on £75k p/w and has never really been an Everton player.

Allan - overall an OK signing, but has no positional discipline whatsoever, is ageing, his legs are already going, and he’s on a massive wedge.

Davies - nice fella and probably good to have around the place but he’s a championship player, let’s have it right.

Doucoure - he’s an average premier league midfielder. I don’t mind him. He can stay because we need a squad but I’d be looking at other options to replace him mid-term.

It says an awful lot that I’d pick Iwobi, who’s not even a CM, above any of them to play CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.