Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've gotta think the club must be tempted to not trigger Doucoures extra year till we see where we are in Jan. I couldn't see a free agent Doucoure landing at anyone higher than us to start
Why? He's one of the few useful midfielders we have yes he has his limitations but he is along with Iwobi the box to box legs in there currently. We need to replace Gomes and Davies first.

Really hope we don’t start the season with the midfield two of Iwobi and Doucoure.
This is why I simply can't see us playing a back 5, or a 343, in Prem fixtures. We simply can't deploy a 2-man midfield that can compete.

We're either bringing in 3 new CMs and selling at least three of our existing ones, or we'll play 433 and bring in 2 DMs (depth), allowing Iwobi and Doucoure to play as 8s.

This is why I simply can't see us playing a back 5, or a 343, in Prem fixtures. We simply can't deploy a 2-man midfield that can compete.

We're either bringing in 3 new CMs and selling at least three of our existing ones, or we'll play 433 and bring in 2 DMs (depth), allowing Iwobi and Doucoure to play as 8s.

Mate we are clearly going to be playing the back 5.

He came on as sub last night against Udinese played quite well in the 15 or so minutes he was on the pitch. We won 3-1

This morning there was a behind closed door friendly against the same opposition although different starting 11s and Gilmour again came on for 15 minutes again looked ok.

The commentators last night referred to Barkley, Batshuayi if I were a betting man I would put money on then leaving on permanent deals) Werner likewise will be gone 90% certain back to Germany on loan but possibly to Newcastle on a permanent.
Gilmour I wonder if he might just have convinced Tuchal to keep him till the January window

As it looks now mate you have Kante and Jorginho as your starters, the Kovacic behind them in depth then I'd have said its a toss up between Gallacher and RLC (Loftus impressed today apparently and was used a lot by Tuchel if memory serves last season) think you're likely to buy another cm too.

I'd say Gilmour is gonna be around 7th on the depth chart for those two cm spots - so no point keeping him around.

Gallacher I still think could end up 5/6th behind Kante/Jorginho/Kovacic, new signing/RLC (maybe)

Why? He's one of the few useful midfielders we have yes he has his limitations but he is along with Iwobi the box to box legs in there currently. We need to replace Gomes and Davies first.
Hes on at least 75k a week and is actively being replaced. By next season he could be 4th or 5th choice which makes him expensive to have.

I don't like Doucs in a midfield 2. Needs to be a 3 IMO
Same for Iwobi. And Allan and Davies.

None of our current group of midfielders can play in a 2-man midfield. We'd have to bring in three new CMs if we wanted to have any depth, which would also necessitate selling three of our current CMs.

More sensible to play a 3-man midfield and at least get use out of Iwobi as starting 8 and Doucoure as his backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.