Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fully on board with this, they’re a mixture of bang average and utterly tragic. In order of how I’d punt them:

Gomes - madness from us giving him a 5 year deal on that wage. Was inconsistent before the leg break, and useless after it.

Gbamin - hard to blame the kid but he’s on £75k p/w and has never really been an Everton player.

Allan - overall an OK signing, but has no positional discipline whatsoever, is ageing, his legs are already going, and he’s on a massive wedge.

Davies - nice fella and probably good to have around the place but he’s a championship player, let’s have it right.

Doucoure - he’s an average premier league midfielder. I don’t mind him. He can stay because we need a squad but I’d be looking at other options to replace him mid-term.

It says an awful lot that I’d pick Iwobi, who’s not even a CM, above any of them to play CM.
Agree with this analysis 100%

Stick a solid 6 in between Iwobi and Doucoure in a 433 and they both genuinely play better.

Agree with this analysis 100%

Stick a solid 6 in between Iwobi and Doucoure in a 433 and they both genuinely play better.
If you want to make a case for us to push toward mid table or even top half it would be that a single solid DM could completely eliminate the major weakness we have. And we just refuse to find one.

Terem Moffi
Elijah Adebayo
Erik Shuranov
Antoine Semenyo (Injured)
Jonas Wind
Ben Brereton

All should be in a decent price range, all good DCL backup.
I think we should try for him mate, I noticed pre season and again today he seems to have been pushed out of the left hand side of a 3 in a 4-2-3-1 under the new manager which is not really his best position as he is better a bit further forward than that normally.

Possibly. He’d need to basically get back to his very best for that to be the case though. He’s scored 14 goals in the last 4 seasons, with the figure reducing year on year, it would be a big turnaround for him to bag double figures this year.
True, but he's never been used as an outright CF, or even a false 9, so it's an unknown quantity.

All I can say with conviction is he's not a wide forward by any stretch of the imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back