Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've gotta think the club must be tempted to not trigger Doucoures extra year till we see where we are in Jan. I couldn't see a free agent Doucoure landing at anyone higher than us to start

Think the extra will be triggered but that will be it for him. Would be mad to offer a longer deal

Agree, no real links of any substance currently.

But it seems like Chelsea have deemed him surplus and Frank is a big fan.

Hes defo on a list I think.
He came on as sub last night against Udinese played quite well in the 15 or so minutes he was on the pitch. We won 3-1

This morning there was a behind closed door friendly against the same opposition although different starting 11s and Gilmour again came on for 15 minutes again looked ok.

The commentators last night referred to Barkley, Batshuayi if I were a betting man I would put money on then leaving on permanent deals) Werner likewise will be gone 90% certain back to Germany on loan but possibly to Newcastle on a permanent.
Gilmour I wonder if he might just have convinced Tuchal to keep him till the January window

He just said that he understand the fans want players in as does he. He also said there are positions in the team that he wants to strengthen and needs to be strengthened. He also went onto to say that due to internationals this summer, that pre season for most teams has been distributed. And teams want to see all there players before they make a decision. Could he reference to a few played at Chelsea we want.

thanks mate

Let's wait and see. No one predicted Vinagree and McNeil happening over the space of a few days. Still 3 loan spots available so I really don't see why we won't add.
I'd be genuinely pleased if we fill all three remaining loan slots. Even more so if we somehow sell a couple of the heavier dead weights remaining in the squad... Gomes & Keane, preferably.

Gbamin pictured at the airport this morning... hopefully that signals a move done.

Gutted it never worked out for him here, as he definitely had the talent. Awful luck but best for all to move on.
He's got two years left on his contract with us and a book value of around £9m... We'd need a fee of £9.5m minimum to make a sale work.

I wonder if he goes somewhere now will it be a loan with an obligation to buy for around £6m next summer?

In all honestly I think you’d be lucky to land a 10-15 goal striker for much less than £30m.
Mohamed Bayo left Clermont for £12m I think, about two weeks ago.

You won't get someone who's previously scored double figures in a season in the Prem for any sort of price we can afford though, I agree. We need to look overseas for the backup CF.

The oppo will be chipping passes over that midfield every 5 seconds.

Was thinking the other day about people saying Gilmour couldnt play in that system...Joao Moutinho is 5'7 and hes done well next to Neves for Wolves.

Him and Gana are both small of course

I'd say that's pretty close to it, with pretty decent options in Allan, Doucoure, Iwobi, Dele and Gray. One more CF to back up DCL and we're looking OK.

Colwill as LCB would be the one i want along with Broja on a loan to buy.

Not with Gilmour in there pal.

?

Doucouré replaces Gilmour (what has he done?), Dele/Richy’s replacement replaces Gordon.

Well hes won motm frequently when under Lampard at Chelsea. He can direct the team from deep and act as an anchor.

Why does everyone assuming we will sign gilmour. Not seen any links

Linked today and yesterday. Media saying its Gilmour we want not Barkley.

Doucs is not really a player you have in your midfield if you wish to do, well, anything.

As a squad option when you need to chase a game and you need a body in there who could maybe get on the end of something, then sure, but hes not very good and he really seems to be getting worse.

Has to be used in a 3

I'd be happy with Gilmour coming as long as we get someone else in there.

Sounds like Gana is perhaps joining

Signing Cornet seems to be running into difficulties. Per media would prefer a club competing in Europe.

Good...hes not good.

Our right side is wide open once past McNeil in that team.

Patterson + Godfrey ?

I'd be genuinely pleased if we fill all three remaining loan slots. Even more so if we somehow sell a couple of the heavier dead weights remaining in the squad... Gomes & Keane, preferably.

Agreed...need sales and loans with options.

Allan only has a year on his deal.

I'm not so sure about that. Alli looks like he'd be alright as a CF, at least on a backup basis. I mean, where else is he going to play if we don't use a 4231?
Possibly. He’d need to basically get back to his very best for that to be the case though. He’s scored 14 goals in the last 4 seasons, with the figure reducing year on year, it would be a big turnaround for him to bag double figures this year.

Terem Moffi
Elijah Adebayo
Erik Shuranov
Antoine Semenyo (Injured)
Jonas Wind
Ben Brereton

All should be in a decent price range, all good DCL backup.
Add Jonathan Burkardt to the list.

Plays for Mainz in Germany, just turned 22 years old, 2 years left on current deal (signed in 2018).

16 goal & 7 assists in 68 appearances in the last two seasons.

He came on as sub last night against Udinese played quite well in the 15 or so minutes he was on the pitch. We won 3-1

This morning there was a behind closed door friendly against the same opposition although different starting 11s and Gilmour again came on for 15 minutes again looked ok.

The commentators last night referred to Barkley, Batshuayi if I were a betting man I would put money on then leaving on permanent deals) Werner likewise will be gone 90% certain back to Germany on loan but possibly to Newcastle on a permanent.
Gilmour I wonder if he might just have convinced Tuchal to keep him till the January window
He will want more minutes even if it's a loan

Agree, no real links of any substance currently.

But it seems like Chelsea have deemed him surplus and Frank is a big fan.

Hes defo on a list I think.

Think Lampard is smart enough to get the players in the order they need to be mate, Gilmour needs players that compliment him otherwise the one at Chelsea who looked so good turns into the one at Norwich who looked poor

It's why the Gueye deal kinda takes priority, the midfielders we need 'without' him changes completely if we have him.

I'm actually shocked we seem to have 1. a plan this summer and 2. Are doing it logically step by step.

Gone are the days we buy ten number 10s by the look of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back