• No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lbgqtcqp won’t be happy here I tell you right now
Who gives a flying one?

None of it is relevant to how he plays, his beliefs and his thoughts are his and he is totally entitled to them.

This LGBT stuff is a beating stick for so many when there really is no need.

How the hell has the world come to the "offended by everything" stage.

Well in for standing up for his beliefs at least he has integrity.

Its unrealistic to have a squad of players under the age of 23, no matter how much you and Zat seek it.

Nobody has ever won anything with kids.
That is again not what I'm suggesting.

See what some of you all seem to not understand is that if you sign someone who is 23 and they're decent they'll still be playing for you when they're 27.

I’m not cherry picking players, you were saying that we don’t have enough young players in the squad and we’re trending in the wrong direction. I pointed out the young players you’ve ignored who could play a part in the squad in the future and also some of the recent signings who are of a decent age. Yes you can throw in some of the older players we’ve signed but which group is going to play more often over the next few seasons?

Rondon Townsend Begovic Lonergan Tarkowski

Or Mykolenko Patterson McNeill Vinagre Gray Dele?

An average age of 27 is actually decent, our problem once again isn’t the age of the players we have, it’s the fact that a lot of them aren’t very good and we have issues with the fitness of these players and their application over the course of a season.
It would be decent if we were decent. An average age of 27 and finishing 16th is very bad.

That is again not what I'm suggesting.

See what some of you all seem to not understand is that if you sign someone who is 23 and they're decent they'll still be playing for you when they're 27.
And if you sign somebody who is 26, like Gray and Dele, they will also still be able to play for you at 30.

I think that is incredibly harsh on someone who constantly was the hub of the team in midfield. He wasn't Luka Modric or anything but his ability to move the ball forward was very solid and combined with being genuinely 1B to Kante's 1A for ball winning meant he was pretty damn good. Again it got him a move to PSG who don't really have anything but world class or bordering world class players.

There is a blind spot for ball progression around here though, it is why Iwobi hasn't caught on for years tbh. It isn't always pretty when it is effective.

Can’t really use this one to write off Gueye’s limitations in possession.

It’s about as ridiculous as saying Rondon ‘isn’t Messi or anything but’

Gueye is good at pressing, and chasing backwards to win the ball, and he can keep it fairly averagely. He was never very good at progressing the ball through midfield for us though.

He’ll plug a hole in the current squad no doubt for a period but I wasn’t his biggest fan when he was here and the fact we didn’t replace him properly doesn’t suddenly make him better than he was. We still had many utterly terrible listless performances with him in the heart of midfield.

I’d rather we were going for someone new as I think all the signings so far this window have had a purpose to prove themselves here. I can’t really see Gueye’s other than he’s not wanted by PSG and he might get more minutes here. That hasn’t really motivated previous players who have dropped down to us like Gomes Schneiderlin Delph Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.