Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do know the record of our medical staff right?
Our track record with recovery from major injuries and players picking up niggles is not good.

The thin squads we've been running for decades, and the resulting player overuse and rushing of players back from injury, neatly explains both results. This is why I've been flogging the 'squad depth' horse to death around here for years. It's why I liked the Vinagre loan as much as I did before he ever kicked a ball for us.

Things have changed quite a bit even in the last 3 years with all PL sides effecting some sort of pressing.

I think this is why Lukaku’s move to Chelsea didn’t live up.

The better sides in this league play with mobile, dynamic, interchangeable forwards who are effective in pressing.

Pushing the panic button could result in another Rondon.

I would hold onto Dobbin until we can secure one of the mobile forwards we appeared to be targeting and not try and match Lewin’s Skillset with an aging, slower version of him.

Things have changed quite a bit even in the last 3 years with all PL sides effecting some sort of pressing.

I think this is why Lukaku’s move to Chelsea didn’t live up.

The better sides in this league play with mobile, dynamic, interchangeable forwards who are effective in pressing.

Pushing the panic button could result in another Rondon.

I would hold onto Dobbin until we can secure one of the mobile forwards we appeared to be targeting and not try and match Lewin’s Skillset with an aging, slower version of him.

Excellent post mate.

If broja is who we want just hope the club have set a time on it we cant let them have another zouma situation and end up keeping him
Yeah, we were being patient I think waiting for Chelsea to make a decision but patience is out the window, I think Chelsea sound like they want to keep him anyway. Time to have one last try then move on to other targets.

Always thought Iheanacho was underused at City and Leicester and given a run he's a goal scorer, with Leicester needing dough and having a bit of depth upfront i wonder would they consider letting him go. Good age and all.
I like him a lot as a player but I think he'd probably be too expensive for us.

Our track record with recovery from major injuries and players picking up niggles is not good.

The thin squads we've been running for decades, and the resulting player overuse and rushing of players back from injury, neatly explains both results. This is why I've been flogging the 'squad depth' horse to death around here for years. It's why I liked the Vinagre loan as much as I did before he ever kicked a ball for us.
We need a squad not a first eleven.

Moyes was the last manager that planned that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.