Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree buddy. I think there has been a realisation at Everton, perhaps when Brands decided enough is enough, that the structure is appaulling and the jobs for the boys can't continue unless the boy has qualities on offer. It works the same way with coaches too, you dont have to get in a top top coach initially, but if you have a top coach there, who can guide that coach, its an investment.

I just was making the point that I dont beleive for a second Brands had the control that a DOF should have.

Kevin Thelwell, appears to have much, much more control.

On Bill - not sure myself. He shouldn't be at the club, he stabilised us under Moyes, and I would be thankful for that. We shouldn't forget his lies, his theatrics. I worry he is still having a strong say. But we are where we are nad me whigning about it on an Everton forum wont make any difference.
Moyes stabilised us dispite kenwright not because of him, your on the money about brands though crazy how many ex players have got jobs with Everton half of them where [Poor language removed] for us aswell

Very young though
No I don't mean anything about him as a player, I just mean the idea of subbing on a defensive midfielder as often as they did is quite weird. It's not a position that traditionally lends itself to sub appearances, it would be interesting to see what the thinking was behind subbing him on in almost every game they played.

I think some of us underestimate our stature in the English game and I mean for players who watch from afar from other countries, and the pulling power of Frank Lampard, I mean what he achieved as a player not so much a manager just yet but I bet it has some influence on players decisions especially midfielders.

Or that we're willing to meet his wage demands and West Ham aren't.

Reactions: JLW

Who would you join if you was him? West Ham, London, top 8 team, 50000 crowds, TV or lil ol' Everton? Unless we bribe him heavily no chance of him choosing us.
West Ham have had 18 months of being decent , in a stadium the fans dont want and owned by the Dildo twins.
They where very close to getting relegated before the pandemic kicked in.
They'll fall away soon enough.

Lil ol Everton ? ....get a grip lad , another silly post by yourself.

No I don't mean anything about him as a player, I just mean the idea of subbing on a defensive midfielder as often as they did is quite weird. It's not a position that traditionally lends itself to sub appearances, it would be interesting to see what the thinking was behind subbing him on in almost every game they played.
Ok, but it may be because he is only learning and developing, like Gordon’s appearances under Ancelotti.

Or that we're willing to meet his wage demands and West Ham aren't.
I’m ok with that, that’s modern day footballers for ye.

Not saying he might come here for us and FL I’m saying in general about how our club and manager are perceived from foreign players

What even is this aren’t you meant to be an everton fan. Some of our fans(you) are proper weird. Love to put the club down what’s the point in been a fan.

Everton are a massive club bigger than West Ham will ever be. even if we have been crap for awhile.
He's no Everton fan mate , he's been here a good while now and lets his mask slip every now and then....he's a WUM.

Status
Not open for further replies.