Confirmed Signing Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate this for two reasons:

1. He’s a kopite bell
2. It essentially means we’re committing to 3 at the back just to fit a kopite bell in, just as we’ve signed enough midfielders to play a competent 3 midfield

Hate this for two reasons:

1. He’s a kopite bell
2. It essentially means we’re committing to 3 at the back just to fit a kopite bell in, just as we’ve signed enough midfielders to play a competent 3 midfield

Big Kev Thelwell likes 3 at the back mate.

We've cried out for Moshiri to "let the DOF get on with it" so we cant moan when we let him get on with it !

Personally cant stand any of Keane / Holgate / Godfrey and Mina is a crock so we need a further CB really.

I'm not sure they are much worse anyway, but even if we agree they are that doesn't make that sort of signing a complete no brainer. Just buying players because they're supposedly better than what you've got isn't a good strategy.

They are though. They're not premiership level which was even pulled up by the pundits last season - a championship level back 4. All 3 are made to look competent when a better player is Mina is next to them.

Godfrey cant head a ball and positionally is poor.
Keane has the mentality of a door mouse and can't play when he's asked to step outside his own box.
Holgate has already peaked...and that's championship level.

Big Kev Thelwell likes 3 at the back mate.

We've cried out for Moshiri to "let the DOF get on with it" so we cant moan when we let him get on with it !

Personally cant stand any of Keane / Holgate / Godfrey and Mina is a crock so we need a further CB really.

Plenty of reports say Lamps prefers 4 at the back. But we're generally poor all round due to the midfield

They are though. They're not premiership level which was even pulled up by the pundits last season - a championship level back 4. All 3 are made to look competent when a better player is Mina is next to them.

Godfrey cant head a ball and positionally is poor.
Keane has the mentality of a door mouse and can't play when he's asked to step outside his own box.
Holgate has already peaked...and that's championship level.
Oh well if the pundits say so...

Look, none of them are great, you don't have to convince me of that. That doesn't impact the point i'm making though.

if we are interested in him I’m not overly keen on the idea. If he really is as people have suggested “a Kopite bell” isn’t that just opening him up to the same sort of scrutiny that Benitez got. God forbid the lad makes a mistake in the derby. He would get strung up from the highest tree. Not really a conducive atmosphere for a player.
We should be looking for a striker other than waiting on Broja. DCL is starting to look like he’s made of glass like Mina.

Think it's a no from me as well. I know he's done quite well for Wolves over last couple of seasons and got himself a few England caps. I am still a little unsure myself, I might be wrong. Does he want to play for Everton. If he does and wants to jump at the chance to come and play here. At the School of Science please let me know. Be great to know how he feels. Up the Blues.

Peter Reid had no problem coming and is now a fully fledged blue, personally I think he would jump at the chance to come back to his origins. Just one proviso, any incriminating tatts must be burnt off with a blowtorch live on air, nothing much or else really.

Status
Not open for further replies.