Confirmed Signing Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people would rather see Keane heading into his own net or him and Holgate running into each other or Mina going off after 10 minutes.
That defence needs surgery ASAP...Coady on a loan makes sense to me despite his rs support...then sell Holgate and/or Keane.

Exactly. I don't think I'd be able to cope with Godfrey, Keane and Holgate together again. Just look at the Ukraine match, under no pressure and Holgate just does a sideways pass to their front man. In the PL, that leads to a goal and I'm absolutely sick of watching the 3 of them make basic mistakes games after game after game.

He's about 15 times better than Holgate and Keane combined. We need to be offering that pair around in a 2-for-1 special for about £10m. Surely there is a sucker out there somewhere. We'd been the sucker far too many times, there must be a similarly stupid club out there with money to waste.

I’m all for this. Couldn’t care less who he supported. Just like Tarkowski he’s another natural born leader and personality. Screams clean sheets that especially with a screen of Gueye and the the new fella in front of them. 1 nil to the Everton could be a theme this year..

I understand it, but this is the first move in the Thelwell era that doesn't make much commercial sense to me.

Older and contracted to 2025. No doubt he improves us, but if we are paying £15m+, then I'm not sure about it.

Tarkowski works because of no transfer fee and we were desperate for a leader. But the Coady deal feels like overkill.

The only way it makes sense to me is if we already have a deal in place for Keane.

Anyway, it's not the worst problem to have. A leader and player that improves us coming into the side. It's the commercial not the on-field that gives me doubts.

I understand it, but this is the first move in the Thelwell era that doesn't make much commercial sense to me.

Older and contracted to 2025. No doubt he improves us, but if we are paying £15m+, then I'm not sure about it.

Tarkowski made sense because of no transfer fee and we were desparate. But the Coady deal feels like overkill.

The only way it makes sense to me is if we already have a deal in place for Keane.

Anyway, it's not the worst problem to have. A leader and player that improves us coming into the side. It's the commercial not the on-field that gives me doubts.
I don’t think we would need to pay that much because he’ll be on a decent wage for wolves and doesn’t fit there new playing style at all. I think they’ll be keen to move him on.

Tarkowski works because of no transfer fee and we were desperate for a leader. But the Coady deal feels like overkill.

As fans, this isn't our problem mate

Some people would rather see Keane heading into his own net or him and Holgate running into each other or Mina going off after 10 minutes.
That defence needs surgery ASAP...Coady on a loan makes sense to me despite his rs support...then sell Holgate and/or Keane.
Exactly. If this signing means I see less of Michael Keene’s slapstick defending routine and that we can hopefully get a few quid for balsa wood legs Yerry, then I’m all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.