Confirmed Signing Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a season long loan this makes perfect sense. We'd have two, experienced leaders at the back who are both. competent in the air with him and JT and it would mean that we wouldn't crumble when Yerry inevitably gets injured.

I understand it, but this is the first move in the Thelwell era that doesn't make much commercial sense to me.

Older and contracted to 2025. No doubt he improves us, but if we are paying £15m+, then I'm not sure about it.

Tarkowski works because of no transfer fee and we were desperate for a leader. But the Coady deal feels like overkill.

The only way it makes sense to me is if we already have a deal in place for Keane.

Anyway, it's not the worst problem to have. A leader and player that improves us coming into the side. It's the commercial not the on-field that gives me doubts.
Christ I hope so, I can’t take another season of his brainfarts

Mina Tarkowski Coady
Onana gana
That's light years ahead of what we had last year as a spine to the team
Semantics, but Wolves fans reckon he's only a good player when played in the middle of a back 3. With Mina's injury issues Godfrey adding some recovery pace and playing on the same side as Patterson would go down nicely, with Tarky on the left side.

I still don't want the Kopite tit but I can't deny he's a good defender in a back 3.

If we’re playing 3 at the back then Coady would be a great signing. He’s one of the best in the league in that set up.

No way we should touch him if the plan is to play a 4.

Pickers
Tarks - Kegs - Kopite
Patters - Onananananana - Dele - Gana - Myko
Injured - McNekkers​

I must say Lampard in 6 months has done something that no other manager has done here, that the fans have said for years. He’s recognised that this team cannot have Keane or Holgate in it regularly.

Ancelotti is the only manager if I remember right that actually got them playing well, then again the no crowds would’ve made a huge difference too. We can see though that after Lampard saw last season and wants to bring in 2 experienced leaders it says enough that he knows where we’re lacking.

I think Holgate could be a fine squad player as a defender honestly, not sure he’d want to do that at this point of his career though.

Status
Not open for further replies.