Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? The point is that this lot have left us without cover in attack

Rondon being back does not improve us from last week. Let's not pretend it does.

6 weeks ago we lost Richarlison.

…we still had DCL when Richarlison left.

i suspect the plan was always to bring at least one conventional no9 in at some point in the window but the situation is expedited by DCL injury.

We have a striker back, albeit not a good one tomorrow, so it’ll be a bit different from last week as it might open Gray/Gordon/McNeil to play more like their proper roles than the focal points
Maybe but not one good enough for this league though.

So, we're not getting a striker in for yet another week...which has now run into 2 games of the season...having sold Richarlison 6 weeks ago.

I expect us to pay for that by losing another 3 points.

What's 6 points flushed down the drain though? I mean it's not like we stayed up by the odd point or two last season is it?
I don't accept defeat beforehand but I agree we should have sorted a forward I presume they were waiting on Broja but moves should have been made weeks ago for alternatives. It puts us on the backfoot going into games

Our lack of a striker may indeed mean we do not win, but for people to say it will lead to our defeat is baffling to me? Defence ins now undoubtedly the strongest element of our tea,. If we dont win tomorrow, we will get a point, away points are never to be sniffed at.

Our transfer activity this summer has been the joined up thinking that has been missing for years. Hopefully the absolutely disgusting footnote in our history, agent Benitez relegation ride, has shook Moshiri and the tinkering will stop. If we can get cover for Dom, and also get Gana back then I feel this has been a great window with lots of issues addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.