Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it's a question of whether, at 33, he's past it now or if after a full pre-season he's in decent shape. The coaching team will obviously have a good idea of this

His record from 2018-2021 is c.0.4 goals per game, which I wouldn't say is not good. His record at Everton is 0.05 goals per game, which isn't good, but he was unfit coming from China, in the terrible Benitez team, devoid of confidence and also quite a few appearances as sub with fewer minutes

Yes

Rondon is possibly underrated by Everton fans, in part due to his link to the Benitez period

Yes, he's 33. But that aside, he actually has a better goal record over his career than many of these strikers linked from France etc. When he arrived last season, I don't think he was fully fit. His goals per game record at Everton is freakishly low vs the rest of his career. If he's at full fitness, we may see more productive performances from him

Something that goes unacknowledged is that he looked fitter and sharper toward the back end of the season and he contributed. Im curious to see him now in a possible run of game with a preseason behind him. Full tilt hes a pain to play against.

Last edited:
They've gone way, way over the top. I understand they lost key loan players last season that needed replacing but Cooper is going to basically have a full squad of people he doesn't know, that don't know each other, it could (and am expecting it to) all go horribly wrong.

Always think when a side earned promotion it's a mistake to tear it up and basically bring a new starting 11 in almost, what gets a lot of sides up in large part is a team spirit that you're basically getting [Poor language removed] off.

Yeah you need to add to the team a bit of quality else you do a Norwich but a complete change never seems to go well.

Something that goes unacknowledged is that he looked fitter and sharper toward the back end of the season and he contributed. Im curious to see him now in a possible run of game sand preseason behind him. Full tilt hes a pain to play agianst.

I'd be happy with Broja DCL and Rondon as the options especially if Broja was a perm transfer or option to make it so.

Always think when a side earned promotion it's a mistake to tear it up and basically bring a new starting 11 in almost, what gets a lot of sides up in large part is a team spirit that you're basically getting [Poor language removed] off.

Yeah you need to add to the team a bit of quality else you do a Norwich but a complete change never seems to go well.

I agree normally but they did definitely have to bring more in than normal because of the loanees. It's just they've done that and about 20 more.

Dennis off to Forest. Cos they’re signing every player ever.

Seems we moved on from him some time ago…. Hopefully it’s not due to the fee but given the business done to date I trust the current crop to get it right.

I feel our current predicament dictates that we were never going to be ready for the start of the season but we will be sorted by the end of the window. It doesn’t mean that this is ok but unfortunately it’s just the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.