Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton. Saturday 14th August 12:30 KO

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot comprehend starting Gordon as front man instead of Rondon. While he was up front last week he wasn't winning headers, wasn't holding the ball up, and wasn't posing very much of a goal threat.
But at least Gordon is capable of movement.
Rondon is static on both the vertical and horizontal planes.

I think we’ll play more on the counter today so Rondon is pretty pointless imo
Rondon’s hold up is similar to DCL but Dom was actually fast which allowed us to counter

Fingers crossed we can make something happen without Thiago Silva putting in last ditch blocks to stop Gordon being one on one etc.

What's the fascination with Gordon upfront?

I'm beginning to get the impression that Lampard is starting him because he thinks he'll upset the fans if he doesn't...
No fan I know had even considered this until Dunc said it on tv last week

Lampard will put out the team he reckons will win the most points, no exceptions, I’m sure of this more from him than most managers

I think we’ll play more on the counter today so Rondon is pretty pointless imo
Rondon’s hold up is similar to DCL but Dom was actually fast which allowed us to counter

Fingers crossed we can make something happen without Thiago Silva putting in last ditch blocks to stop Gordon being one on one etc.
Sounds like a plan ;)

But at least Gordon is capable of movement.
Rondon is static on both the vertical and horizontal planes.
He doesn’t have a strikers instinct though. Last week against Chelsea when we had the ball in wide positions he wasn’t getting in the box, he was staying deep. A proper striker would have been getting in the box anticipating the cross.

Cannot comprehend starting Gordon as front man instead of Rondon. While he was up front last week he wasn't winning headers, wasn't holding the ball up, and wasn't posing very much of a goal threat.
Against the best team in the league.

Let's give it another try.

Villa have Ings/Watkins and Coutinhio we have no out and out forward on the pitch
Thats what happens when you sell one, & the other gets injured & the other one is a lump of lard.... & you dont get any replacements or you send your reserve strikers out on loan ......

We can still win, though Villa are out of form .....

Status
Not open for further replies.