Match Thread Aston Villa vs Everton. Saturday 14th August 12:30 KO

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the line up that ended the match we win that one to be honest.

Yep. No it doesn't mean Lampard should suddenly be sacked but he got it wrong today. Waited far too long to change a team that quite obviously weren't getting back into the game. Poor management today. Needs to learn and fast.

Will not go in too hard given its the 2nd game of the season and FFP has meant we haven't had time to gel yet, but for me he's stopped us getting something from the game.

Back 4 rather than 5 and Iwobi, Onana and Gueye (assuming he signs) in midfield with Rondon or new striker up top and I think we'll be fine.

I think it'll be a good barometer of where Lampard is if he realises what is and isn't working and rectifies it, but all too often we've seen managers persist because they believe in a system even when it clearly keeps failing.

First thing is the tactics and then the team selection.

Gordon has to play from the left from now on, Onana in the centre, we need a good striker in asap and McNeil needs to improve big time, he's looked woeful first two games and Gray not much better.

Positives, Onana - instant reaction to a mistake - great to see.

Patterson looks like he'll becone a very good fullback, Coadey was solid, Holgate was Ok, Tark was excellent again. Iwobi never stopped. Gordon looked good soon as he switched to his proper position.

Negatives, Gray and McNeil woeful, Mykolenko isn't a wingback, we don't have a CF.

Status
Not open for further replies.