Iffy start, but…

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is what it is

Shows us we still need to fill a couple of holes but as we're not supposed to judge until the end of the transfer window, let's hold them to that

The weather is great, there are other things to do, can't even begin to get upset about Everton after just two games whilst I could be on the beach

I personally think there is more to build on in those two matches than anything that happened the last 10 matches of last season
Lol I agree with you for once

We all knew we needed improved quality everywhere over the pitch and the classic manager tactic is to build from the back

Our defence looks solid, new midfielder looks good (early days) and if DCL hadn’t got injured again we’d have had some points imo

We now know we really can’t rely on Dom so have to get a new striker

Only after we switched to a different system.

Moved to a 433....still conceded a goal from an error and also committed more forward (Davies was the deepest laying player).

Putting actually forwards on in Rondon and Alli added more to the attack purely down to movement and positionally to allow the midfield to get forward (Iwobi, Onana, Gordon).

What’s worrying more than anything is the injuries that are piling up again. We can’t afford that to happen this season at the rate it did last year or we will be in serious trouble. Yes, it is bad luck at times but it’s a bit concerning.

Nothing seen so far to suggest goals are going to come from any of this team.

Pretty much like everybody with half a brain predicted.
Even without a striker and some out of form (questionable quality) wingers, we had more shots than Villa and enough to put more than one in the net.

I'm not pretending everything is well as there's lots to improve, especially in the forward line, but I genuinely don't think it's as bad as people may currently feel.

We will have DCL back, a new striker, a strong midfield and I'm hopefully that our wingers will improve.

There is no sign of this slotter though
It'll happen. While we'd all want one now, the club are hopefully doing due diligence so we sign the right player rather than spunk cash on rubbish like in the past.

Also, the club have shown that they're being more cautious (frugal) with the finances due to our situation, so that may be slowing the process down.

Status
Not open for further replies.