Iffy start, but…

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had Calvert Lewin and Richarlison there we’ve got 4-6 points.

I was frustrated before the season, because I felt the first 5 games were “generous” to us, in that we could realistically get points from all of them.

The issue has now cost us in the game significantly today, and probably last week too.

We weren’t really good today for most part, but Villa we’re there for the taking and every time we attacked we had a good opportunity, especially in the last 10 mins.

We desperately need a CF next week. If we get one, we’ll be fine overall, because they’re not playing terribly.
Rondon off the bench is an okay option, but he won’t last 90 minutes.
Villa were vulnerable. They were easily there for the taking and any halfway's decent PL club turns up and takes the points without too much trouble.

As it was, Villa controlled the game. Gerrard knew that any opponent there today should have taken the points off a club in turmoil and couldn't believe his luck that Everton made them look like they were 10 feet tall.

THAT's how bad we were. And it's all down to being unprepared for this season.

It's unforgivable. Completely unforgivable.

Without doubt very encouraging signs albeit 2 losses. No panic at all here.

How can a team expect any more lining up with no strikers against Chelsea and Villa, the losses would have been hammerings were it not for the new backbone.

I still believe though it's absolutely criminal and a woeful lack of duty by the board, the DOF and even Lampard to be in this inane situation.

I bet we're the only club of the 92 that would even contemplate entering a new season with no target man and a back up. And there are plenty about, many on free's.

This has cost us 2 defeats and unless 2 dedicated strikers come in this week it's more of the same, we'll play well but lose. It's now at the point where any front hold up man will do, I'm not fussed if it's not a Vardy or a Kane, just a time served striker or rather two.

Simms must be howling with laughter at his parent club. Unforgivable.

I'm far less worried than I was a month ago. They look a lot more solid at the back. Get Gana in and two new forwards in early next week doubled up with a win against Forest and I don't think things will look as bad.
Hard to see us beating anyone currently. I hope I'm wrong but we don't seem to have the character to play badly and get points.

August written off because of an absolutely atrocious board who despite narrowly missing relegation and having a few months of time to resolve the very obvious issues, haven't done and have allowed their club and Manager to go into their first 2 games of the season with no striker.

Unforgivable and everyone of them should be out on their asses.

Why haven't we already got at least one forward in everyone can see that there are no goals in us, it feels like last season go a goal down and we loose. We have to have a forward in by the time we next play or were going to find ourselves in trouble again and none of us want that .

Why haven't we already got at least one forward in everyone can see that there are no goals in us, it feels like last season go a goal down and we loose. We have to have a forward in by the time we next play or were going to find ourselves in trouble again and none of us want that .
For most of last season it’d be go a goal down then ship another straight away, so far this season we’ve gone a goal down and still been in a fighting chance of getting something

August written off because of an absolutely atrocious board who despite narrowly missing relegation and having a few months of time to resolve the very obvious issues, haven't done and have allowed their club and Manager to go into their first 2 games of the season with no striker.

Unforgivable and everyone of them should be out on their asses.
The same board who are letting Simms become a hero at Sunderland and scoring for fun, mind blowing.

Reactions: Lob
We look more cohesive than last season overall, though a bit toothless up front minus Dom and Richy
We do seem closer to a solution than Utd are so I'm definitely not panicking
Besides... 0pts but not in the relegation zone is heartening! lol
Yes the bar has fallen a bit since last season's scare, but in a good way!

The people saying we look more “solid”. First of all, I’m not entirely sure that’s true, but there’s a reason for it , we’re playing 5 defenders and two deep lying midfielders.! If you don’t look “solid” then there’s a huge issue.

Simply have to get in a new CF this week.

Forest are signing Neal Maupay, he'd have been a decent pick up for me so they'll be coming to Goodison with some decent players in their ranks.

Then back to back aways against Brentford and Leeds, both have had good starts to the season with new signings settling in.

Can't really be going into the derby at start of September with just 1-2 points on the board after first 5 games but looking likely to me if Forest game isn't won.

I think start of the season is really showing people what a huge component Richi was. Would toil away out on the left being niggly and would chip in with double figures pretty much all his time here. And as we saw in the run in he could be more to CF without the team's shape being disrupted.

The front 3 for first two games are honest and will run all day but they simply don't have the quality in final third to win games with lack of experience/quality so it will be same for final 3 games in August unless the club signs someone to connect it all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.