2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be daft if we dont sell for £45-50 millions if Chelsea upped their bid.

You're effectively relying on him to develop into a £70+ million player to justify not selling. I can never see Gordon becoming a 15+ goal a season wide player which is what it would take to be able to sell him for that fee.

The risk is then he just becomes another Barkley / Davies and is worth diddly squat.

Madness Everton - stop worrying about how our volatile fanbase would react to a sale and get the business done.

No and neither do you
Indeed, which is why we should keep it simple.

The fees for Richarlison, McNeil, Onana are widely reported, there is also some reported fees for the Coady and Vingare loan, plus we paid a "premium" on Tarks wages due to him being a free transfer.

Plus Agent fees.

43m is crazy numbers.

I get we need a winger anyway, but rejecting that kind of money for someone who doesn't contribute much in the way of goals/assists anyway is madness.

I don't trust us to replace.him and get another which we need, which is why I'm not fussed we have rejected it, but I think we should sell for that.

We'll be daft if we dont sell for £45-50 millions if Chelsea upped their bid.

You're effectively relying on him to develop into a £70+ million player to justify not selling. I can never see Gordon becoming a 15+ goal a season wide player which is what it would take to be able to sell him for that fee.

The risk is then he just becomes another Barkley / Davies and is worth diddly squat.

Madness Everton - stop worrying about how our volatile fanbase would react to a sale and get the business done.
Spot on

£40m isn't enough at this stage of the window and with our dreadful (non existent) attacking options. So I would hope we reject that bid out of hand, considering they just paid over £20m more than that for a decent full back.

They need to go to at least £50m for us to sell at this point. But if they come back with that sort of bid then we have little option

For context Jesus went for 45m and he had 2 goals and 2 assists yesterday. Gordon barely eclipsed that all of last season.

The potential piece of it matters but this fee is INFLATED.

Jesus is a fabulous player but needs regular games. But I see what you mean. Chelsea are paying for potential and taking a gamble that he will be worth £89/90m in a couple years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.