2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

The growing abuse the lad has been getting, I wouldn't blame him for getting off to Chelsea.

No doubt the same ones slaughtering him will be calling him a 'rat' if he left..

He can't be as bad as the social media 'experts' make out when a club who won the Champions League just over a year ago comes in for him.
Ah there it is. The fans are to blame. Was waiting for the fans to cop for it.

Got to remember that this is exactly the sort of business the likes of Dortmund, Leicester, Leipzeig and Brighton do that all our hipster fans bemoan that we dont do ourselves regularly.

Sell young players for large fees and bring 3-4 players in to strenghen whilst also adding future top young players like Onana who'll be our next big sale down the line.

Every player has his price and Gordon will be no different.

Lampard, Thelwell and the board have to be asking themselves would 50m be worth it.

He's been dreadful in pre season and piss poor in 2 games. Now, ideally he'd be dropped imo and just take him out of the firing line but we are that crap up top we simply can't do that. So we are having to rely in someone who isn't playing well, doesn't have a terrific scoring record or assist record and hoping he helps get us out of this hole.

We're In such a mess due to poor recruitment and finances that Lampard might just be thinking "hey, I need to think about my own job here and as things stand I could do with a couple of players who I feel will slot/assist and so it's worth twisting instead of sticking"

I don't think Gordon would push for the move, but if it happens I would understand why. We've been so badly run, Lampard has one hand tied behind his back and as things stand, we won't be winning games any time soon with a front 3 of Gordon, Mcneil and Gray.

On the flip side, if Everton were actually doing their job properly then in the next couple of days there should be 2 forwards in regardless if he stays or goes because thays the bare mininum we need if he stays. If he goes, there should be ANOTHER additional 2 players on top where we spend the money, giving Lampard the chance to really flesh out the squad.

We'll see anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.