2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been told his agent thinks this could happen. Newcastle still maintain interest so just about getting the max amount for him and then making the team better with his replacements.
Always a very good thing to have more than one side in for a player when you're the selling side. It speeds the process up and ensures that value is had for the player.

I agree fully mate, some players connect with the club, Richy did and it's why it hurt to see him go, that feeling is ten times worse when it's a local lad who IS good enough.

At a certain point the game has to be about more than money as a supporter, I'm not watching Everton to see how the share price does if we play well I'm not rubbing my hands together calculating how players values will go up like on FM, I'm watching because even though I hate them at times I'm a blue and can't change it.

Tell Chelsea to go 'f' themselves and keep Gordon whatever they offer us.

Why though mate? You dont get points for playing homegrown players.

Most of our homegrown talent have stabbed us in the back anyway - Rooney and Barkley to name just two.

My most favorite Everton players are all none homegrown (Cahill, Lukaku, Richarlison).

Hazard would have been a better example for Chelsea.

Ultimately every club in the world, probably bar Real Madrid, Barcelona and maybe Bayern are selling clubs at some point. City and Liverpool, arguably 2 of the best 3 teams in the world currently struggle to keep their players once certain teams come in.
Barca have definitely been a selling club the last few years. Selling whoever they can and a high percentage of incoming players being free/cut-price compared to previously.

Davek has me genuinely lost here. Is there anyone else that cares this strongly about Gordon?

I don't want to lose him either but he's acting like we're selling Alan Ball again.

He doesn't like other clubs taking us for mugs.

While he wrestles with the fact the club's mugs itself off plenty

I’m sick to the back teeth of this ‘we will be a selling club’ mantra.

Chelsea - Lukaku Werner
RS - Suarez, Coutinho, Mane
Spurs - Bale
Man Ure - Ronaldo

Teams sell their best players. Gordon isn’t even that.

I agree,

By the same token I have seen some on here lambasting our transfer strategy in the Moshiri era, rightly so whilst saying we should have recruitment like Leicester and Brighton and that is the model we should be using.

Well here it is...... Made a profit on Richy and anything will be a profit on Gordon. We are literally doing as these people have suggested! Other clubs will only ever buy your best players.

My take is if we can get £50m or £40m and a player Frank wants we should sell, look at what we did with the Richy funds and we still not finished yet, we could improve drastically from that injection again.

Wondered how long that would take. Can’t have been comfortable for you being supportive of and giving time to a manager who isn’t a portly Iberian kopite.

Oh no, dont kid yourdelf I'm kneejerk like you and most of the rest of the pitchforkers....I dont wont Lampard out. I just withdraw any goodwill toward him and if we have a run of bad form I wont be there fighting his corner for him as I do with all managers.

That's me done with FL if this sale goes ahead....and there will be many many more who'll turn their backs on Lampard altogether if we go on a bad run...like you I expect.

If Gordon were sold I'd hope any incomings were already lined up and deals between club and player are already more or less agreed.

The domino effect you see on deadline day is similar to a house chain - everybody has everything lined up all dependent on that first move going through. The well ran clubs only sell once the replacement or reinvestment is either bought first or has been identified and already more or less agreed, badly ran clubs sell and then look around.
It would appear that we had our deals in the pipeline before the notion of selling Gordon started to look serious, DCL cover aside - but listening to Frank speak on the matter at the weekend he says as DCL will be back next month they are not going to knee jerg and splurge on a forward. Assuming this is true then we do not appear to need to sell Gordon, nor that we have a replacement lined up or agreed, so any suiters considering selling to us this late in the window would no doubt be looking to take whatever we got for his sale off us. Assuming that we do not need to sell and acknowledging that he is a first team player for us, it might be logical to keep him and develop him further.

If we do sell (still would rather we don't) then it has to be this week to give us a chance of reinvesting the money properly.
Considering the first bid came and got rejected in a matter of, what, 2-3 hours last night then I’d expect an improved and acceptable offer come in either later today or tomorrow

If the Turkish fella’s correct then we’ve bid on Guirassy already so we’re jumping right in to bring a forward in early this week for the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.