2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a choice that has to be made here: do you keep hold of a player who is more than just cash and inspires the academy players and connects with the fanbase, or do you cash in for a few quid and gamble on getting a striker who might or might not get a few goals but is most likely just taking a position until DCL gets back?

There's more to this potential sale than a cash transaction. Much more.

If Lampard decides to sell he's severed a lot of links to fans who would back him in a crisis. That's not dramatic, that is a fact.
I think the academy players if anything would be even more inspired by an academy product getting bought by a champions league side and being given an enormous wage packet at the age of 21. He’d show them not just a pathway from the academy into Everton’s first team but also to the very top end of the game.

People saying if he's crap why are Chelsea forking out 50 million bazookas on him:
Werner 60 mil
Lukaku 100 mil
Cinderella 60 mil
Pulisic 60 mil
Havertz 70 mil
Kepa 70 mil

Whilst selling arguably the best attacker in the league and the best midfielder on earth on the cheap.

Maybe Chelsea just aren't the best at evaluating talent...
People really aren’t getting that this new owner is a lunatic that hasn’t a clue how football operates. Look at the business he’s been trying to do all summer, it’s all about the “shiny” thing.

City want Cucarella, oh here’s £10m more than their offer, despite having one of the best left backs around in Chilwell.

United want de Jong, oh we’ll have him too, except he doesn’t want to leave Barca regardless.

Aubamayeang is for sale, despite signing for free 6 months ago after Chelsea’s biggest rival had to basically pay him to leave despite being their captain, oh we’ll have him too.

Bidding £85m for Fofana, great player but not even a massive necessity for Chelsea at the minute.

Now onto Gordon with us, the man clearly is happy to throw money around on the word of others.

£50mil and broja and sell. Why not even Hudson-odoi? his name seems to be getting forgotten about. I’ve got a feeling he could possibly be used as well as part of the deal.

Salah and KDB were not the best attacker and midfielder in the world at the time though, or ever looked like they would be. Bit of a false argument for me; they may never have become the players they were without leaving Chelsea to play regularly elsewhere. Plus, as great as hindsight is, at the time I'm pretty sure they still made a profit on those sales didn't they, along with Lukaku too (before buying him back of course).
On the other side KdB and Salah both left and immediately were awesome. There wasn't some big development period. They just needed to get on the field.

We cannot and shouldn't refuse any offer at £35m and north. We are in a crap position with FFP so look at with a business head. FFP has screwed the loads of money owners so we now have to wheel and deal. Currently Gordon is potential, potential just means he is not there yet but has a chance........or maybe crash. Leave this decision to the manager as he may think selling Gordon to enable him to get a couple of his targets may be worth it. I do

People really aren’t getting that this new owner is a lunatic that hasn’t a clue how football operates. Look at the business he’s been trying to do all summer, it’s all about the “shiny” thing.

City want Cucarella, oh here’s £10m more than their offer, despite having one of the best left backs around in Chilwell.

United want de Jong, oh we’ll have him too, except he doesn’t want to leave Barca regardless.

Aubamayeang is for sale, despite signing for free 6 months ago after Chelsea’s biggest rival had to basically pay him to leave despite being their captain, oh we’ll have him too.

Bidding £85m for Fofana, great player but not even a massive necessity for Chelsea at the minute.

Now onto Gordon with us, the man clearly is happy to throw money around on the word of others.
The yank Farhad

Wake up mate. If you're being told it's £50M it's for a reason: to get you in acceptance mode.

You're being played.
Ah so it is everyone else who is wrong. I’ll keep that in mind. Nasty of these journalists to be going around en masse making up the same story, with the same exact details all on the same day.

Good thing you’re on here talking nothing but sense anyway. Clearly.

and yet we might be the only one's daft enough to say no thanks...

I don’t believe any of this is true, but we should be accepting anything above 30 million because he isn’t worth half of that. Having said that, he’s nowhere near as crap as McNeil, and we’ve just spent 15 million on him.

and yet we might be the only one's daft enough to say no thanks...
Nah Gordon will be worth £100m next year, y’know a price that’d make him one of the top 5 most expensive players of all time, just wait. We certainly won’t be regretting this offer in literally 6 months time I’m sure….

Status
Not open for further replies.