2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Gordon's perspective If I was him I would want to stay at Everton another couple of years at least. Young lad at his home club playing regularly under a manager that really rates him. Where would he fit in at Chelsea at this point
I agree, I think he’ll crash and burn at Chelsea.

It should be added though, Gordon is a Liverpool fan at heart. No matter what they leak out to keep face, he was a bad red. I think he even went in their end at a Goodison derby only 3 or 4 years ago and a lot of blues around the club no this.

Why do you have to be such a drama queen Dave?

Of course if Gordon gets sold, Lampard will have a say in that, he'll have a say in if its the right thing to do, he'll have a say in what will be made available, he'll have a say in who he would like in.

It's called being a manager, they manage the situation and do what they think is best and will keep them in a job.

Loaded guns, contracts broken etc is just you posting utter guff.

Any offer, whether your Everton or Real Madrid, has to be considered and if a big offer comes in for one of our players, well we have to consider it.

Just let things play out without being so dramatic.

There's a choice that has to be made here: do you keep hold of a player who is more than just cash and inspires the academy players and connects with the fanbase, or do you cash in for a few quid and gamble on getting a striker who might or might not get a few goals but is most likely just taking a position until DCL gets back?

There's more to this potential sale than a cash transaction. Much more.

If Lampard decides to sell he's severed a lot of links to fans who would back him in a crisis. That's not dramatic, that is a fact.

Suppose your agent knows that a perennial Champions League club is having a clear-out at your position. You believe you're good enough to play at that level, and you're going to get a big bump in wages. You're totally going, right?
Hey, it's tempting. More money. Genuine chance of silverware every season but where will he play? I suppose the + is that it's the current manager of the new club seemingly giving the transfer the green light.

There's a choice that has to be made here: do you keep hold of a player who is more than just cash and inspires the academy players and connects with the fanbase, or do you cash in for a few quid and gamble on getting a striker who might or might not get a few goals but is most likely just taking a position until DCL gets back?

If Lampard decides to sell he's severed a lot of links to fans who would back him in a crisis. That's not dramatic, that is a fact.

Bit over the top here

I mean we went to Burnley for Cornet and came home with McNeill. Lads are posting stats of Townsend and Gray, telling us not to stress and panic the two lads have this.

Remember last year when people were saying be great thing shifting out Jamo Rodriguez, because we got great value in Townsend and Gray ,we really kicked on didnt we.

WTF has happened to us.
I blame Brad Pitt and his fat baseball statto mate

Spot on, Dave.

It's not a few quid. It's 40m+

He hasn't severed anything, don't be so dramatic.

Just to play devils advocate though Dave, 0 of my friends or family are against selling Gordon & I’d say a majority on social media support the move too

I'd forgotten what a boring WUM you are

Thanks for reminding all of us
Just know this: there's way more than me looking at this one and shifting their opinion on this manager. Dont kid yourself you know what the score is here. You dont.

People saying if he's crap why are Chelsea forking out 50 million bazookas on him:
Werner 60 mil
Lukaku 100 mil
Cinderella 60 mil
Pulisic 60 mil
Havertz 70 mil
Kepa 70 mil

Whilst selling arguably the best attacker in the league and the best midfielder on earth on the cheap.

Maybe Chelsea just aren't the best at evaluating talent...

I think you underestimate how many of us think Gordon's crap Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.