2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I feel negative and a bit down about our chances. But what is there to be positive about our current forward options?

Saying everything is good when its not doesnt change anything.

Tim’s not wumming Zat; it’s called frustration. And he’s right

We’ve gone into a season with 1 striker, and a fat oaf. It’s not acceptable

Its all good Tim.

Chris we'll be fine...patience.

Who does he play in front of though? Thats what im saying...hed be 2nd choice RWB or probably 3rd choice elsewhere...

Yet weve brought in Onana as a high potential player for £33mil.

Weve also signed Coady/Tarkowski in very smart deals and Mcneil + Vinegre as well.

Hardly 'given up'.

Getting a bid for Gordon of £50mil obliterates FFP issues and P&S regulations would be open for business for the next 2 seasons.

Tim has been extremely negative about strikers recently...all over the place multiple times a day in plenty of threads @catcherintherye .

Its borderline @davek Wum levels of angst.

End of the window isnt far off...lets see how we look then.

I think theres some excitement in store.

I know. Conte was also rumoured to want him as a RWB.

Not sure where else Gordon fits for them....its such a weird move for Chelsea.

Their fans dont seem happy about it at all.
He won’t get anywhere near their first team at the moment. They are buying his future potential. I don’t think Everton have the time to wait to be honest.

Yes I'm grumpy and negative but these problems we have in attack were all very foreseeable early in the summer. I don't believe we have the goals in the squad right now to survive in this league. That's my honest opinion and I'm not on a wind up. I hope I'm wrong and I easily could be wrong, but I'm shocked by how much the opinion seems to have annoyed other posters lol
Don’t worry about it, anyway the older you get the more conditioned you become in the crapness of Everton.

I’m sick to the back teeth of this ‘we will be a selling club’ mantra.

Chelsea - Lukaku Werner
RS - Suarez, Coutinho, Mane
Spurs - Bale
Man Ure - Ronaldo

Teams sell their best players. Gordon isn’t even that.

I think the Werner and Lukaku ones aren't great examples to be fair. Lukaku went out on loan and Werner was a dud. They made an enormous loss on him.

£50 million or anywhere near that for Gordon...We need to sell.
It is after all what we should be doing anyway.
Get young players cheap or academy players, Build them into stars and sell for big profits.
It is the only way for this club to satisfy FFP rules and keep us in this league (until the rules change)

I would bite Chelsea's arm off tbh.

Selling the family silver - but unless you are the Queen - everyone has to do this if the price is right.
We can buy him back when we are top of the league.

Honestly, I don’t think he’s worth 30m let alone 50m.

I’d sell him all day long, and buy Terrier and Dembele.

Makes us so much better going forwards.
I think Gordon will be better in a team that give him more space and time. His control and dribbling mean he'll be an asset alongside Mount (reminds me a lot of Mount), Sterling, Havertz.

£30m for home grown talent, England potential and gradual improvement is very cheap.

If we sell Gordon for 50 million as soon as we go for a replacement you just know that the selling club will put a value in that region for their player. Everton that.
If Gordon were sold I'd hope any incomings were already lined up and deals between club and player are already more or less agreed.

The domino effect you see on deadline day is similar to a house chain - everybody has everything lined up all dependent on that first move going through. The well ran clubs only sell once the replacement or reinvestment is either bought first or has been identified and already more or less agreed, badly ran clubs sell and then look around.

Status
Not open for further replies.