2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the first bid came and got rejected in a matter of, what, 2-3 hours last night then I’d expect an improved and acceptable offer come in either later today or tomorrow

If the Turkish fella’s correct then we’ve bid on Guirassy already so we’re jumping right in to bring a forward in early this week for the weekend
We're going to go for a forward regardless of Gordon I think. We have the funds for it. Just not a lot of them.

That's me done with FL if this sale goes ahead....and there will be many many more who'll turn their backs on Lampard altogether if we go on a bad run...like you I expect.
Selling Gordon and giving us the ability to bring in several attacking options that pose more of a threat is great business.

Nobody's turning their backs on Lampard over this, other than you.

We have to buy better mate. But we could potentially get the young lad from PSG, Mykolenko and Patterson for the sme money.

Or Onana Gana and Coady.

Or Mcneil, Gallacher and Mykolenko.

You kind of get the gist. It doesn't just have to be wasted.

It's not about wasting or not mate, it's about having a footballing heart at the club not just about money.

Last season we stayed up on four players (Pickford) the other three where the ones who literally ran themselves into the ground every single game - Richy - we've sold, Iwobi - and Gordon.

Without those three responding I dont know of the fans who got behind the team could have done so to the degree they did - it needed certain players to 'get it' and the crowd to feed off that.

You sell the footballing heart of the team, you sell it's soul and the disconnect becomes easier.

I probably rate Gallagher more than anyone on here, I genuinely wouldn't take him and 30m for Gordon.

Some things have to be about more than the bottom line.

We're going to go for a forward regardless of Gordon I think. We have the funds for it. Just not a lot of them.
Yeah Guirassy seems to be the one we’ve been working on regardless, hopefully Chelsea throw in Broja or Batshuayi in with the next bid then we can use the sale towards a wide player

Considering the first bid came and got rejected in a matter of, what, 2-3 hours last night then I’d expect an improved and acceptable offer come in either later today or tomorrow

If the Turkish fella’s correct then we’ve bid on Guirassy already so we’re jumping right in to bring a forward in early this week for the weekend
I’d hope if we do sell Gordon we could get better targets in big ask for this lad to fill in for Dom rather try and get someone to compete against him

Oh no, dont kid yourdelf I'm kneejerk like you and most of the rest of the pitchforkers....I dont wont Lampard out. I just withdraw any goodwill toward him and if we have a run of bad form I wont be there fighting his corner for him as I do with all managers.

That's me done with FL if this sale goes ahead....and there will be many many more who'll turn their backs on Lampard altogether if we go on a bad run...like you I expect.
Quelle surprise.

Oh no, dont kid yourdelf I'm kneejerk like you and most of the rest of the pitchforkers....I dont wont Lampard out. I just withdraw any goodwill toward him and if we have a run of bad form I wont be there fighting his corner for him as I do with all managers.

Why you blaming lampard? He has given him the number 10 shirt and bigger him up repeatedly. He clearly doesn't want him to leave.

What about Thelwall, Blue Bill, Mosh. You know, the main decision makers?

For me, if crazy money comes, there is no one to not be sold. But, at this moment, crazy money means around 60-70m. The season has already opened. No team would like to sell their main players at this stage. There must be some addition costs.

Frank's take on the situation
"Dominic has been injured for two weeks and it is a five or six week injury, so we have to have a bit of perspective. We are not going to be foolish on that part. We are going to try and find the right player that can maybe help us in the short term but in the long term complement the fact that we have Dominic at the club. We just have to assess all those things."

Sell the lifeblood of this club at your peril Frankie boy.
Why you blaming lampard? He has given him the number 10 shirt and bigger him up repeatedly. He clearly doesn't want him to leave.

If he doesn;t want him to leave, he doesn't sell him. He has the final say so, just like at Chelsea.

Maybe he’s putting him in the shop window

They already have Conor Gallagher who’s a similar age but much more productive track record re goals / assists

For Gordon himself, surely at his age he’s better off staying at Everton where he’ll play. Others who’ve made similar moves have had mixed success - like Barkley for example

Quelle surprise.
It should be a surprise, because unlike the kneekjerkers around here I back a manager.

I dont want Lampard out btw. I just wont offer him support. And I wont be handing ay counter argument out when then pitchforkers copme looking for him in large numbers.

That's being consistent.

You're better than this. I thought...

Sell the lifeblood of this club at your peril Frankie boy.

If he doesn;t want him to leave, he doesn't sell him. He has the final say so, just like at Chelsea.
But he didn't have the final say at Chelsea. Which is why he didn't get the players he wanted and ended up getting several players for big fees not bought by him (of which most have already left after failing).

So what your saying is Frank Lampard, as clear as day, wanted Everton to sell the only bright light from his team last year, in Richarlison.

I mean, if he has final say then Lampard clearly wanted him out despite him being our only real goal threat

Maybe he’s putting him in the shop window

They already have Conor Gallagher who’s a similar age but much more productive track record re goals / assists

For Gordon himself, surely at his age he’s better off staying at Everton where he’ll play. Others who’ve made similar moves have had mixed success - like Barkley for example
Gallagher is a midfielder, Gordon isn't.

I doubt Gordon will push for a move. I doubt the club are desperate for him to leave - we've turned down a £40m bid ffs.

It's just that every player has a price and a valuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.