2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see tory Lamps in just 1 window sell 2 of our top players sold to London clubs. One is former club no less.

Isn't that what they've being doing from London for centuries. Taking from us. Agent Lamps.

I'm not sure he does though, his end product is pretty poor. he seems to run around a lot and throw himself on the ground. He isnt a game winner or really a game changer. my personal opinion is that he shouldn't be a starter for us, just an impact sub.

Chelsea are buying him for depth. he wont get near there starting 11 on a regular basis.

Either way at 50m i think we should sell. Get Broja on loan as part of the deal and buy 2 new players with the money.

I dont think we move forward with Gordon as a starter in our first team.

You're entitled to your views mate, but he goes to ground a lot because he gets fouled.

I have no idea why Chelsea are buying him, but I'd suggest that we don't have enough quality in our squad to have a lad who's worth more than 42m as an impact sub. Who have we got who is valued higher than that?

He has been a key man for us, a match winner, our best attacking player this season, and it's why world class teams are cuing up to make huge bids for him. They see a world class young talent.

Is he though? Are many top clubs around the continent talking about him let alone aware of him?

If he's "worth" ~£50m having just finished his debut season at 21 years old with 4 goals in 51 Prem apps, I shudder to think what the likes of some of the lads from yesteryear would be worth in this market.

Well the fact that bids of over 40m are going in shows that he is yes. In a poor team, he has done spectacularly well. In a good team, he would score lots more goals, which is why Chelsea are making huge bids for him.

I will repeat the sentiment that it's bonkers we could get even 30mil for this lad.

Don't get me wrong I'd much rather have him in the squad than Townsend, Gray etc of course. But I just don't see him ever being more than an OK squad player.

OK squad players for a 16th plce team don't get bids of over 40m mate.

Am I the only one seeing the "Burnley Borat" here?!?!....

'Great Success!! NOT'.

I just see Pauline.

Pauline.jpg

We 100% received a bid of just over 40million (42million to be exact). It was rejected on Sunday afternoon. Talks have not been terminated yet, so the ball is back in Chelsea’s court so to speak.

The club publicly are standing firm with the ‘not for sale’ stance (not sure what else we expect, they are hardly going to to say he’s available to the local press).

Everton are open to a player plus cash deal if the right person was available from Chelsea.

Your move Chelsea…
Mental all this. 18 months ago he couldn't get in the Preston side.

You're entitled to your views mate, but he goes to ground a lot because he gets fouled.

I have no idea why Chelsea are buying him, but I'd suggest that we don't have enough quality in our squad to have a lad who's worth more than 42m as an impact sub. Who have we got who is valued higher than that?

He has been a key man for us, a match winner, our best attacking player this season, and it's why world class teams are cuing up to make huge bids for him. They see a world class young talent.

One team has supposedly bid for him, the same team who comically overpaid for cucarella or whatever his name is. Where are all these other world class teams cuing up to sign him ?

Hasn't he only ever won us 1 game?

Everton fans:

"Ffs Everton why can't we be so well run like dat Brighton selling those players brought in for peanuts for mega money? moneyball is the only way these days to progress look at Leicester"

Also Everton fans:

"Ffs Everton why you selling one of our bright young players for? What message does that send to the rest of the football world? I'll tells ya it says to the rest of the world we're selling club with no ambishun"

Never change lads lol
I've already got my "sack the board" bedsheets painted and ready to go, along with my "F.U. Tony G for costing us £50m of invesment" t-shirts printed up - you can have one if you like. £1 each or 3 for a fiver... ?

At 25 years old to be in double figures a mere 2 times is as concerning as his injury record

What the hell is this about? Salah joined Liverpool aged 25, he'd got double figures in the league twice (14 goals and 15 goals in Serie A.)

I'm sure there's plenty of other examples. Stop acting like every decent striker ever,was smashing them in season after season before they reached the age of 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.