2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can all disagree, but lets not have a go at Catcher for being positive and having faith in our players and using it to 'prove' him wrong. He might go a bit overboard, but its much better than those on here who cant wait to crap on our players. Even if i dont agree with his take on Gordon, its nice to see someone willing to activly show their faith in our young prospects like hes doing.

Thanks mate. I enjoy the debate, and it's not personal with anyone.

I say stupid things at times, but a forum is for exchange of different views.

Yeah, get him gone pronto.

Classic.

Step 1 - release to the media that we want to keep him at all costs

Step 2 - release that he’s pushing for a move

Step 3 - release that we’ve reluctantly accepted a bid because wouldn’t sign new contract

Step 4 - Gordon leaves and the board cry “we tried our best to keep him”

Rinse and repeat.

Oh aye, I agree moving to London is not the same as moving to Munich.

But he doesn’t have to voluntarily come out and say I’ve never wanted to leave Everton, I’m a scouser etc. to curry favour with the crowd then force a move 6 months later (if that’s what’s happening. I’d rather these fellas just did their job and got on with things, then left if they wanted to. But I suppose in today’s world of constant media that can’t happen.

100 % agree pal

Classic.

Step 1 - release to the media that we want to keep him at all costs

Step 2 - release that he’s pushing for a move

Step 3 - release that we’ve reluctantly accepted a bid because wouldn’t sign new contract

Step 4 - Gordon leaves and the board cry “we tried our best to keep him”

Rinse and repeat.
They don't need to do any of this though?

Are people really going to turn on the board if we sell him and they come out and say they took the money because it was well above what the player was worth and the club needs to both balance the books and rebuild the entire squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.