2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordon is far from terrible he just isn't what everton need at the moment I get the local lad bit but we need proper forwards
However if we are offered 40m upwards snap there hands off he is massively replacable in the squad and isn't what everton need at the minute if his fee buys 2 forwards then that's good business

Some people think hes terrible. I disagree.
To be fair I don't think many ( if any ) are saying he's terrible.

He's just not worth the money Chelsea have bid for him and potentially will bid again for him.

Some Everton fans seem to have this thing where they can't just be "decent" players, you either have to think he's amazing or you think he's rubbish, you can't just think he's alrite

Direct quote here;

‘World class this lad. Best striker in world football for me. A very very good man’s version of Harry Kane’

I'm pretty sure at time Kane was injured and playing in midfield and Calvert Lewin had just got a hatrick. On that day, it was true.

Unfortunately it didnt last, and injuries have really held him back. It's a shame.

Ok mate.

We will have to agree to disagree.

I'd say the recruitment team who built a side who won the European cup know a bit about football.
Im sure they do - they have also proved theyre willing to throw money at players, some great, some not very good at all.
Dont get me wrong tho, I like Gordon and i think he can become a good PL player, maybe even a really good one. On the other hand, if someone whipped up a magic wand and asked me if Id trade him with the Kevin Mirallas we bought in 2012(or somewhere around there?) Id take it.

To be fair I don't think many ( if any ) are saying he's terrible.

He's just not worth the money Chelsea have bid for him and potentially will bid again for him.

Some Everton fans seem to have this thing where they can't just be "decent" players, you either have to think he's amazing or you think he's rubbish, you can't just think he's alrite

But the thread is filled with people saying hes a championship player. Yet a team miles better than Everton want to pay a huge sum of money for him.

And people seem to get frustrated by me saying, maybe Gordon is quite good

Wish him well if he goes and hope he realises his potential. One of the few players who gave a hoot last year when we were at rock bottom.

It's just another indication of how far we've fallen/how much of a mess we are in that we need to offload our brightest players.

The reality is if we had an attack around him that could allow him to find his feet, maybe players to learn off of a higher standard this wouldn’t be an issue. The fact is without DCL he’s the best we have. We’ve let him and his development down. We’re asking him to carry us through this attacking crisis, it’s difficult for him and people think we could get shut. Not every young lad that comes through the youth set up is going to be a Rooney and basically carry a crap team that’s around him.

Other than Rooney give me another example of a lad 21 or younger who’s carried a team of dross around him? Gordon can’t do that because probably 1 in 100,000 elite level footballers have that talent. The poor lad should go, he’s only going to stagnate here with literally no better players to learn his craft from

The frightening thing is we could end up getting a similar fee for brazils nbr 9 and arguable the first name on the team sheet when he was fit for us over last few years

Status
Not open for further replies.