2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

All Dom and Tom’s fault for spending all summer telling him to fly free, not be afraid to express himself, and be who whoever he wants to be. Literally immediately dyes his hair, gets some whitening toothpaste, borrows Toms skate-wear and cap from 2015, sets fire to his £100k contract offer and starts flirting with Tuchel whilst celebrating an offside goal. All in a fortnight.

Good luck to him really. We’ve seen the “player asked to leave” media drip feeding countless times, I’m not sure this is it. Club shut this down weeks ago. He could have done the same. But if he is that confident of ousting James as a marauding RWB fair play and good luck to him.

I still fear he will be a guaranteed loan to whoever gets promoted next year.

Now I’ve read some wild takes on this forum over the past 24 hours, but this? Sensational.

I've seen this a million times. Everton FC want to sell a player and they dont want to be criticised for it. So they use the chimpanzees in the media who they can rely on to blacken a players name and then they wait for the gullible to swallow it hook line and sinker.

THAT'S my *take* on it.

Bill Kenwright wouldnt lie to the media though would he Dave? I think you've got completely the wrong man here.

Speed was worse he was a true blue and absolutely villified at the time by most.

Haunts me to this day poor Gary Speed.

Remember he said years later something like:
"I'll always be an Evertonian, they'll never take that from me".

Also never blabbed the real reason he left, for what he said was respect he had for the individual involved, and was happy to take the flak if it meant the individual in questions reputation was not tarnished.

A level of courage entirely missing from the club over the last 20 years really.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.