2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney didn't want to move.
Speed didn't want to move.
Ferguson didn't want to move.

They all 'pushed' for moves whilst we wanted to keep them according to reports at the time.

All was proven to be bs later on though.

I know people dont always like Duncan, but honestly just watch his interview when at Newcastle. Looks like he wants to cry. Obviously never wanted to go.

Is there even a debate here, we been offered 45-50m for a guy who is worth 20m at most. It's a no brainer.
Invest the money in 3 players, Att mid, striker and winger (or like of Dennis).
We don't have the time to see whether he will eventually be a proper 50m player or another Rodwell

He's got three years left mate, turning down a new contract doesn't have any influence on him leaving if he indeed has turned it down.

Three years left on low money, 5 years left on decent money, it has absolutely zero impact on if we sell or not and on any price. If anything signing a new contract in July would have netted him a a signing bonus and 50k per week more up till now.

Funny though how easily supporters turn on one if their own based on stories from the likes of Maddox and the mirror.

Starting to think a lot of fans are just bitter as f that a young blue gets to run out for us whilst all they can do is slate them out of jealousy as they're sitting round eating crisps in their undies, so bitter that they jump on any rumour to stick the knife in.

As soon as that story came out, I know he is gone, and honestly I knew it was a much bigger plan.

It was utter nonsense as well, that a lad 3 years on a deal not signing one means he has to leave. It's just nonsense. It's been put out by a journo close to Kenwright deliberately. It will be done quite quickly from here.

I always felt we would sell 2, and felt it would DCL but his injury has seen to that.

It's sad how quickly people turn. Hes yet another young player who will have brought significant funds into the club, which is more than Bill has ever done.

This is going a bit deep like, but I do wonder if all the jobs for the boys stuff is a reflection of the guilt Kenwright feels at his shady antics. Always felt like overkill.

Sell. No brainer. Can't believe that they're willing to shell out 45 - 50 million for him. An Under 21 international who will fester on their bench and will eventually get loaned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.