Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure they will be examine all options. I think if Gordon goes we need three so Maupay or an Adams makes sense as a PL entity as a squad option. Then look at a wide forward in the likes of Terrier. Then we should be trying to get a target man like Broja on loan. Also examine MGW we need creativity.

If Gordon and Alli do both leave I can't believe we WON'T bring in at least one of Terrier or Tsygankov. Because without one of them, our wide attackers will be:

- Demarai Gray
- Andros Townsend
- and that's it.

That means we will be unable to use any formation or tactics that involve any wide forwards, and that one injury to Patterson will mean we have no width, because there will be no-one to play RWB (No, Iwobi can't go there. Because we don't have enough functioning CMs to remove him from CM).

We still have a massively unbalanced squad. Too many CMs on the payroll but bizarrely not enough competent ones to play a 3-man midfield. Even if Gana arrives we STILL need another CM!
Time for Stanley Mills to shine.

Can understand why we had to sell Richy.

Can understand why we’d accept 50m for Gordon.

Can understand why we’ve binned Dele.

Can understand why loans were good for Simms and Dobbin.

The combined effect of all these understandable decisions on the squad is pretty scary though. Helluva job now to get forwards in the door and knit them together.

I am sure they will be examine all options. I think if Gordon goes we need three so Maupay or an Adams makes sense as a PL entity as a squad option. Then look at a wide forward in the likes of Terrier. Then we should be trying to get a target man like Broja on loan. Also examine MGW we need creativity.
If we’re genuinely selling Gordon for that much and getting Dele sold (and potentially loaning a couple of others) it’s not outrageous to think we could get all that done, depending on the fees needed upfront. Think Obama deal has showed that we can still spend depending on the structure. Plus we have more loan slots. Could be a wild couple of weeks.

This summer was never about bringing in 2-3 top level £50+ million signings - it was about bringing in 10+ players as our bench consists of a bunch of crocks and kids.

No issue with either or both Adams and Maupay coming in.

Once we stabilise as a club and have competition for places then in future windows when our accounts are healthier we can start introducing big name signings for large fees.

Fans need to be realistic there are no Luis Diaz's or De Jongs coming here this season when we've just finished 16th.
Well you had me until the second line.

There is never any reason to buy bad players. I'm sure someone around here said they had no issue with Rondon coming in as backup too. But then they have to play and they're bad.

If we’re genuinely selling Gordon for that much and getting Dele sold (and potentially loaning a couple of others) it’s not outrageous to think we could get all that done, depending on the fees needed upfront. Think Obama deal has showed that we can still spend depending on the structure. Plus we have more loan slots. Could be a wild couple of weeks.

If we can sign a former President of the United States mate, we can get anyone...

Well you had me until the second line.

There is never any reason to buy bad players. I'm sure someone around here said they had no issue with Rondon coming in as backup too. But then they have to play and they're bad.

Define bad. Sure your extensive soccer knowledge knows no bounds !

Status
Not open for further replies.