Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maupay is well better than Guirassy and Ajorque.

Actually i have no idea, I would suggest nobody else does either unless they are watching some pretty niche French football.

Completely different types of striker though.
Guirassy is much better than Maupay - and he is far from a world beater himself. I think Ajorque is slightly better than Maupay. But I wouldn't want him either.

Can understand why we had to sell Richy.

Can understand why we’d accept 50m for Gordon.

Can understand why we’ve binned Dele.

Can understand why loans were good for Simms and Dobbin.

The combined effect of all these understandable decisions on the squad is pretty scary though. Helluva job now to get forwards in the door and knit them together.
Thats it.. All of them are understandable and completely reasonable in every situation.

The scary thing is what kenwright (yes, hes still involved), Thelwell and Lampard have in store to replace.

This is getting a bit silly now. We have needed a striker for weeks and there has been no news at all. We have to have a striker before Thursday as we could be short a player.
If Gordon's head has been turned then he won't play regardless if he leaves or not. A Gray and Rondon forward line would embarrass even the likes of Southampton.
This is urgent.

I've not watched him play. Why is there reason to believe that he will perform much better than many of the Championship strikers who have come before him? I mean in fairness Maupay and Adams tore up the Championship too and nobody seems to want them.

Not on a wind up, genuinely curious.
I have my doubts too but he has certainly improved after stepping up to international football, so perhaps there is hope he can step up to a higher league ?‍♂️. Good player but he's one of those where it could go either way.

Guirassy is much better than Maupay - and he is far from a world beater himself. I think Ajorque is slightly better than Maupay. But I wouldn't want him either.
How could you possibly know?

To be fair you could live in France for all I know, but let's be honest here it's all guesswork. Maupay at least has previous in the Premier League.

This is getting a bit silly now. We have needed a striker for weeks and there has been no news at all. We have to have a striker before Thursday as we could be short a player.
If Gordon's head has been turned then he won't play regardless if he leaves or not. A Gray and Rondon forward line would embarrass even the likes of Southampton.
This is urgent.

McNeil, Rondon and Gray. With no forwards on the bench? Christ. I think someone comes in by Thursday.

This is urgent.
It does need to be the right striker though. We should not just take anybody, I am sure we could have signed some random striker up by now.

Obviously this changes closer to the deadline.

I wonder if we perhaps had deals lined up for the likes of Adams or Maupay which were ready to go in time for Forest on Saturday but then the Gordon stuff happened.

Suddenly getting a possible £50 million would completely change our strategy and targets I'd have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.