Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sell Gordon, go in properly for Terrier. See if we can get a loan for Broja as part of the Gordon deal. Explore the possibility of Moffi. If we are going to sign an older player, go for Guirassy, whose profile fits a lot of what we need.

If we want to take a punt on an English-based striker with a poor goal return then explore Semenyo as he does have a lot of good attributes and is still a decent age. If we can't get any of them, see if we can get that loan deal for Ajorque over the line (as it wouldn't be a permanent transfer).

These are just with forwards we have been properly linked with. Maupay and Adams are easily the worst that we have been genuinely linked with - haven't seen enough of the Coventry lad to comment.

This summer was never about bringing in 2-3 top level £50+ million signings - it was about bringing in 10+ players as our bench consists of a bunch of crocks and kids.

No issue with either or both Adams and Maupay coming in.

Once we stabilise as a club and have competition for places then in future windows when our accounts are healthier we can start introducing big name signings for large fees.

Fans need to be realistic there are no Luis Diaz's or De Jongs coming here this season when we've just finished 16th.
I think we can aim higher than people think. Leeds United signed Raphinha after getting promoted. A star player in a team that had just qualified for the Champions League. The pull of the Premier League is ridiculous. We can still attract players of some pedigree regardless of the fact that we've just finished 16th - our first time finishing lower than 12th in 18 seasons.

No. This is how we get stuck with players we can't shift. This was the Koeman/Walsh model, and to a lesser extent a lot of Brands signings. Older players who aren't that good, who we are stuck with for years and prohibit us improving the squad in future windows. We badly need to stop signing utter dross and convincing ourselves that they will do a job.

It isn't though - say we bring in the following:

Coady
Tarkowi
Onana
Gana
Maupay
Adams
Terrier

Or we signed 2-3 "bigger" name players - the squad is much weaker and if one or two of those "bigger name" players get injured it means Gomes and Keane still playing every week.

We simply needed way too many positions to strenghen this summer its naive to think we could have spent £200+ millions on CL quality players and managed what we have done.

If we’re looking at Adams, I don’t think it’s to play as centre forward. To me it looks like he’s similar to MGW and maybe he’s seen as a cheaper alternative. A hard working attacking midfielder who can chip in with a few goals here and there.
Apart from the fact MGW has touch, skill and vision and is not just a hard runner.

….Forest splashing the cash and not going for him made me wonder.
They were told that he was going to be used by Utd this summer. They have signed other players and are trying to get Aouar. I suspect that if Utd had suggested he was available for transfer at the start of the window, he would already be at Forest by now.

It isn't though - say we bring in the following:

Coady
Tarkowi
Onana
Gana
Maupay
Adams
Terrier

Or we signed 2-3 "bigger" name players - the squad is much weaker and if one or two of those "bigger name" players get injured it means Gomes and Keane still playing every week.

We simply needed way too many positions to strenghen this summer its naive to think we could have spent £200+ millions on CL quality players and managed what we have done.
Less of these sensible posts, they'll never catch on

Status
Not open for further replies.