Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maupay a tentative yes, Adams a definite no, both absolutely never. Neither of them have actually signed so let's see what happens.

Throw some more money at the French and get Moussa Dembele. Been scoring at lot of goals over there and seemingly out of favour. Would not be surprised if we could get him for the 15million quoted for Che/Maupay, but a much better player. Could very possibly give DCL a run for his money as our main striker, the other two will never overtake him.

This summer was never about bringing in 2-3 top level £50+ million signings - it was about bringing in 10+ players as our bench consists of a bunch of crocks and kids.

No issue with either or both Adams and Maupay coming in.

Once we stabilise as a club and have competition for places then in future windows when our accounts are healthier we can start introducing big name signings for large fees.

Fans need to be realistic there are no Luis Diaz's or De Jongs coming here this season when we've just finished 16th.
No. This is how we get stuck with players we can't shift. This was the Koeman/Walsh model, and to a lesser extent a lot of Brands signings. Older players who aren't that good, who we are stuck with for years and prohibit us improving the squad in future windows. We badly need to stop signing utter dross and convincing ourselves that they will do a job.

If we’re looking at Adams, I don’t think it’s to play as centre forward. To me it looks like he’s similar to MGW and maybe he’s seen as a cheaper alternative. A hard working attacking midfielder who can chip in with a few goals here and there.

I have no confidence in our club but one would have to assume some attacking players would be incoming if dele and Gordon are leaving already crazy deficit even before richie left
Richy yes the other 2 no they hardly contribute to goals and assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.