Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is getting a bit silly now. We have needed a striker for weeks and there has been no news at all. We have to have a striker before Thursday as we could be short a player.
If Gordon's head has been turned then he won't play regardless if he leaves or not. A Gray and Rondon forward line would embarrass even the likes of Southampton.
This is urgent.
Pickford

Holgate Coady Tarkowski

Patterson Gana Onana Mykolenko

Iwobi Rondon Gray

I've not watched him play. Why is there reason to believe that he will perform much better than many of the Championship strikers who have come before him? I mean in fairness Maupay and Adams tore up the Championship too and nobody seems to want them.

Not on a wind up, genuinely curious.
He’s very good. He just looks so much better than the championship. Playing in a bang average Blackburn side and scores lots. Decent finisher. He’s got big potential. Every year he gets better.

He could flop but he’s got 12 months left of his contract and that’s why the fee is fairly low.

How could you possibly know?

To be fair you could live in France for all I know, but let's be honest here it's all guesswork. Maupay at least has previous in the Premier League.
I watch a lot of Ligue 1. I have stated that on here many times. It is one of my favourite leagues to watch. I have friends and family who are French/live in France and I enjoy watching the league. I also get constantly annoyed by Everton's terrible recruitment, so am always intrigued by what is available in other leagues - that brings me to watch it a lot.

Their streams are usually the most steady on dodgy sites and I have BT sport which has Ligue 1 on tap. It's not like we're talking about the Indonesian Premier League or something here.

And it's not guesswork to know that Maupay and Adams are not very good. People saying that PL experience is important are the same who defend signings like Keane and Bolasie and Walcott. They have PL experience of not being very good. With players from other leagues, of course there is a risk it might not work. Gbamin was great at Mainz and has been a disaster here. But signing players who have actually proven they are not upto much in this league is not the better option here.

Last edited:

Thats it.. All of them are understandable and completely reasonable in every situation.

The scary thing is what kenwright (yes, hes still involved), Thelwell and Lampard have in store to replace.
I do have some faith in Thelwell and Lampard to pull something out, maybe even something quite exciting as they did with Onana. They need to be left to do their thing though- Kenwright does seem to have some role as a “closer” in certain negotiations but that should be the extent of it. And it all needs to get done quickly.

Pickford

Holgate Coady Tarkowski

Patterson Gana Onana Mykolenko

Iwobi Rondon Gray
I have no problem at all with 9 of those players although I do wonder if Iwobi's great form can be continued out wide. I would hate to see have a bad couple of games after almost spectacular change of form over the last 6 months.
That team looks rock solid except where it matters. Putting the ball in the back of the net.

Moshiri outside Goodison 11:01 pm - Sept 1st 2023....

Attachments

• ED249164-3BE0-4C05-9BAA-FF29F6778DF3.png
    ED249164-3BE0-4C05-9BAA-FF29F6778DF3.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 32
If Gordon and Alli do both leave I can't believe we WON'T bring in at least one of Terrier or Tsygankov. Because without one of them, our wide attackers will be:

- Demarai Gray
- Andros Townsend
- and that's it.

That means we will be unable to use any formation or tactics that involve any wide forwards, and that one injury to Patterson will mean we have no width, because there will be no-one to play RWB (No, Iwobi can't go there. Because we don't have enough functioning CMs to remove him from CM).

We still have a massively unbalanced squad. Too many CMs on the payroll but bizarrely not enough competent ones to play a 3-man midfield. Even if Gana arrives we STILL need another CM!

If Gordon and Alli do both leave I can't believe we WON'T bring in at least one of Terrier or Tsygankov. Because without one of them, our wide attackers will be:

- Demarai Gray
- Andros Townsend
- and that's it.

That means we will be unable to use any formation or tactics that involve any wide forwards, and that one injury to Patterson will mean we have no-one to play RWB (No, Iwobi can't go there. Because we don't have enough functioning CMs to remove him from CM).

We still have a massively unbalanced squad. Too many CMs on the payroll but bizarrely not enough competent ones to play a 3-man midfield. Even if Gana arrives we STILL need another CM!
Would love both of them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.