Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Because we foolishly thought we could get through a whole season with just DCL
I don't think that's the case TBF. I think they just thought they could get through to the start of the season with just him, while they focused on CBs and CMs which TBF we also urgently need. With a back up CF then to come later. That's what I take from the manager's comments on it anyway.

Morning all, here’s todays round up…… there’s so much flying about and I’m sure more to come!! Crazy times and the GOT message boards are reflective of this. The index would be having its finest hour - gone but not forgotten. Have a great day.

Ally McCoist says Dele Alli’s career has been a “sad story” as the Everton ace closes in on a transfer to Besiktas just seven months after joining. Dele moved to Goodison Park in January on an initial free transfer and has made just 13 appearances, with one start, since the deal and now is closing in on a loan-to-buy move to Turkish giants Besiktas according to reports.

Everton and Fulham have joined Nottingham Forest in the race to sign £15m-rated Brighton striker Neal Maupay. The forward is understood to be nearing an exit from the Amex, and has yet to feature in either of Albion’s Premier League matches so far this season. (talkSPORT)

Joao Pedro is interested in a move to Newcastle United but Watford are “adamant” that the forward will be going nowhere before the end of the transfer window. The Hornets are already understood to have turned down an opening offer of around £20m. (ChronicleLive) - included on the basis that his name has been mentioned quite a bit….

Tanguy Ndombele has rejected Everton and Fulham, telling Tottenham Hotspur that he only wants to sign for Napoli this summer. Area Napoli report that Ndombele has received offers from Everton and Fulham but has rejected both, telling Tottenham that he wants to join Napoli

However

Tottenham's France midfielder Tanguy Ndombele, 23, will not be making a move to Serie A side Napoli. (Corriere Dello Sport - in Italian) external-link

Marseille have recently offered Arkadiusz Milik to numerous clubs around Europe, including Everton, according to Karim Bennani. The L’Equipe and Prime Video journalist has reported that the Polish international striker is on a plate ready to be signed by anyone who makes their move.

Blackburn Rovers striker Ben Brereton Diaz is now drawing interest from Premier League side Everton, a report from the Daily Mail has said. Blackburn Rovers man Brereton Diaz’s stock has risen massively over the last 18 months or so, with plenty of transfer speculation circulating this summer.

Manchester United sent a scout to watch Everton forward Anthony Gordon at Goodison Park on the opening weekend of the Premier League season. That’s according to The Mirror [August 17], who say they could launch a bid to usurp Chelsea for the winger after they had a £45m bid rejected earlier this week.

Nottingham Forest are locked in a three-way fight to secure the services of Brighton striker Neal Maupay. The Athletic claims that Everton and Fulham are both keen, with Toffees boss Frank Lampard holding personal talks with the player.

French striker Maupay has fallen down the pecking order. Graham Potter has preferred other options so far this season; despite him scoring nine goals for the Seagulls during the 2021/22 campaign.

According to talkSPORT journalist Alex Crook, both Fulham and the Toffees are looking to make a late swoop for Brighton and Hove Albion forward Neal Maupay.

Taking to Twitter, Crooke said: “Could be a late twist in Neal Maupay’s move from BHAFC to NFFC with both EFC and Fulham pushing for the Frenchman.”

According to the Mirror: Besiktas want to sign Dele Alli on loan from Everton. The Turkish giants are proposing the temporary move with a view to a permanent deal at the end of the season

The switch will enable Alli to get the regular first-team action the 26-year-old has been unable to gain since joining the Toffees in the January transfer window.

Elsewhere, with Callum Hudson-Odoi and Hakim Ziyech expected to depart before the end of the window, a new winger is being considered and amidst links to the likes of Wilfried Zaha and others, Everton's Anthony Gordon seems the most likely option at this current moment.

football.london understands that the player himself is open to the move and Chelsea could use players Frank Lampard wants to construct a deal that all-in-all, will add up to the required £50m asking price.

It looks like the Idrissa Gana Gueye deal might finally get done soon with the player having worked out whatever issues he had with PSG.

View attachment 178590View attachment 178591
Awesome job

I don't think that's the case TBF. I think they just thought they could get through to the start of the season with just him, while they focused on CBs and CMs which TBF we also urgently need. With a back up CF then to come later. That's what I take from the manager's comments on it anyway.
But surely any plan that doesn't have a back up is flawed, we have messed up big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.