2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be very disappointed if he goes. It seems quite simple to me, if you want to improve, you don't let your best players leave. Given our recruitment record its more likely that we will spend the money badly and we end up in more of a mess.
He isn't one of our best players because he is a great player, he is one of our best players because we have a lot of terrible players. Best way to address that is to buy better players; best way to do that in our current situation is to sell players for a lot of money.

I'm convinced he does have a high ceiling as a player. He is inconsistent but he is 21. There is definitely a very good player that's going to emerge. We should do our best to keep him.

Anyone accepting less than the market value as set by the Grealish transfer is either daft, a wum or something much much worse.

View attachment 178780
Grelish scored 32 in 213 for Villa... so that is a ratio of [32/213=0.15023]
Gordon scored 4 in 62 for us so far... so that is a ratio of [4/62=0.06452]

If we get 100m/(0.15023/0.06452) then we've got the same relative value for the inflated Grelish price based on goal return

... so £42,947,480.53

Grelish scored 32 in 213 for Villa... so that is a ratio of [32/213=0.15023]
Gordon scored 4 in 62 for us so far... so that is a ratio of [4/62=0.06452]

If we get 100m/(0.15023/0.06452) then we've got the same relative value for the inflated Grelish price based on goal return

... so £42,947,480.53
Its all goals with you innit

I think the bottom line here is that he has great potential, but, it is potential. Chelsea are more able, financially, to wait and see how he develops, if they offer us 50 million we really have to consider it. In 2 years time, he may be worth 15 million, or, 100 million. I'm not sure that we can afford to take the chance of it being 15 million. The boy will definitely have a good career, but, whether or not he has a great career, nobody can tell at this stage.

How many other current Everton players get you off your seat when they start running with the ball?

Personally, I’d keep him … unless his “head has been turned”
Horrible to see Lescott when he knew City were sniffing bigly
Onana, Patterson, TomDavies (for an entirely different set of reasons to get off my seat mind)

I'd be very disappointed if he goes. It seems quite simple to me, if you want to improve, you don't let your best players leave. Given our recruitment record its more likely that we will spend the money badly and we end up in more of a mess.

Or gives the impression to the academy if that you're good, you'll play, then go to a champions league club for a ridiculous amount of money...and the club profit from it.

Not bad

I think Gordon will be a full England International and possibly travelling to the World Cup.

Keep him. He'll be one of the best left wingers in his age category within 12-18 months. He has all the attributes and is getting better.

Now is not the time to sell.
I can tell you now there is absolutely kin no chance whatsoever that he is going to the World Cup in 4 months time. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.