Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used to like Sarr but I'd much rather we stayed away now...had a poor season last year.

Terrier is a strange one as he looks great but zero caps?
Sarr had a better season than all our players except Richarlison last season in a team that was somehow worse than ours to be fair. Think he's still a very good player and despite not being very young he can develop even more in the right environment, can't be easy for a player to be at a yoyo club like Watford always in madness.

As for Terrier I wouldn't exactly begrudge a forward player not getting in that France squad, their options are mental.

Actually listened to the Bobble's podcast. What is unforgivable is that, at the time of recording (Wednesday morning) we are not doing any more than looking at what's available in terms of forwards.

You'd have to imagine, with everything going on, that Dele and Gordon will not be playing against Forest. Gana (might) be done in time for the weekend.

So we go into a vital relegation 6 pointer with midfield options of: Iwobi, Onana, Warrington, Davies and maybe Gana.

And forward options of: Rondon, Gray and McNeil.

I have NEVER seen anything so ridiculous in all my time following football - even at Everton. It's madness.

We called it a 1-900 number over here. Oddly from your perspective, the advertised ones never seemed to be about sports. It was always a psychic or phone sex, though the latter was always subtext because it's the US.

In the US i believe that you wont have downright false rumours in the media about sports players @TheBigIguana @RAFUH may be able to confirm that.

Probably in case theres lawsuits?

In England, those phone lines were theft.

Speaking of theft...£50mil for Gordon would be pretty close to that.

Yeah I'm almost positive all that would go to Spurs. There's no way we sell him without making a single Payment to them and they don't take everything.
They'd get 25%, that's it and what they agreed to. Can't have it both ways that if he was crap for us but made 100 apps that they'd get £40m without us being able to do the inverse of it. What if he broke his leg the day after he signed, they wouldn't have any say in that just because he couldn't appear.

I mean shrewd business. And good on Thelwell to act quickly before the commitment triggers even more resources. I personally didn't understand that signing from the start. Factor that it was made prior to his DoF appointment and it makes even more sense.

The question does Dele agree to it? I can easily see him not being willing to leave England. Few that go to Turkey ever make a jump back to more competitive football. Career wise its kind of admitting he might not ever retrieve his previous heights. We shall see.

I want 4-3-3

I want a left footed CB next to Tarkowski.

I want Patterson to bomb on, whilst Myko is more defensive.

I want a holding midfield who can tackle anything and resist the press. (Gana/Garner)

I want a box-to-box midfielder next to him who does it all. (Onana)

I want a more attacking central midfielder to get into the box. (Gallagher)

I want a right winger who can tuck inside, pull full-backs away from Patterson and slice teams with balls into the box/through passes (McNeil)

I want a left winger who is fast, can score goals and can beat a man. (Terrier/another)

I want a striker that can occupy defenders, who can hold the ball up, knock the ball on, can slot chances. (DCL/Broja/Moffi)
Agree with most of this but if we learnt one thing from last season it would be: You always need at least 2 strikers to lead the line in case of injuries.
It is an injury prone position, getting beaten up by yard dogs every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.