Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is we should be identifying the Joao Pedro, Richarlison, Sarr, Cucurella etc of the world before other PL teams have them.

Not pick them up for £20m+ after they've had a season or two there.
I think that's what will be the intention, unfortunately we also have to escape relegation this season with players that can achieve that immediately... So I reckon the manager and DoF are playing a bit of a balancing act at the moment.

Doesn't sound like we've made any proper offers. Just enquired.
If you want to define an 'offer' that way (it's not an offer until it's reduced to paper terms), I can respect that.

In bargaining terms, I would say that if there is a conversation of, "we would give you 'X' in hard currency plus 'Y' in add-ons to be quibbled about by the lawyers", an offer was made.

Thing is we should be identifying the Joao Pedro, Richarlison, Sarr, Cucurella etc of the world before other PL teams have them.

Not pick them up for £20m+ after they've had a season or two there.
That's the strange thing with us, this is something the likes of Chelsea, City or whoever do because they can afford to basically let other teams develop a player and then just throw money at it. There's so many players even like Dennis last year for like £3m that we could've gambled on, even going before that look at the players Leicester always go after, Tielemans, Fofanna, Maguire, Kante all bought for not a whole pile and each sold on or will be sold for at least 5x their fee.

I know it's always mentioned but we were offered Haaland at a young age and fair enough you can't legislate for him becoming what he is now but even Robertson and Maguire for nothing when they were at Hull is something we should've been all over, especially considering Moshiri had such a throbbing one for Marco Silva who was their manager at the time when they were at Hull.

I think that this one is probably a deal where Levy was happy enough to salary dump to run these risks. The appearances, etc. terms were the hedge on him punting it with respect to the player's ability.
If this is true (and honestly I'm of the opinion it might be) then we've pulled off a very good maneuvre

25 M Joao Pedro is the answer, barcodes & Leeds now interested, he WAS Rico’s replacement, that ship has sailed now, well done recruitment team ??

I know he's only 20 but he seems one of those players who's hyped up with little substance.

3 goals and 1 assist in 31 PL games with the rest of his 10 goals coming in the championship/EFL cup.

Looked awful against us at their place last season.

Worth a look at but dont think he's anything special certainly not at the £30-35 million it would take to sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.