2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gone too quiet this. Thelwell needs to be in the phone to Chelsea this morning begging them to keep their £45m offer on the table.
This is where Thelwell is....

contractor-testing-cabinet-strength-funny-photoshop-battle-14-584974afb8af2__700.jpg

...locked in a cupboard while Kenwright and Moshiri complete the transfer window.

It was about getting our priorities right and we didn't do it. We focused on the wrong areas and didn't address the issue which will decide whether we stay up or go down.

How anyone can have even the slightest bit of faith in this club is beyond me

I think they tried and realised they were struggling so changed tact after that Minnesota defeat to get some players in, because we had DCL fit.

Richarlison was a winger and striker in one player. They have replaced the winger aspect in McNeil, but obviously not the striker aspect.

Everton also needed two midfielders as a priority too.

The DCL injury was a risk waiting to happen and they should have been able to get a striker in sooner.

You believe what you believe for whatever your reason, I'll take my belief from the track record of this lying arse club.

….sorry, Dave, I was genuinely interested if you & @bluestevon still held the same view despite reports to the contrary. You could well be right (in believing the club are forcing a sale).

i don’t pretend to know the politics, I just think selling Gordon for north of £50m is very good business.

I think they tried and realised they were struggling so changed tact after that Minnesota defeat to get some players in, because we had DCL fit.

Richarlison was a winger and striker in one player. They have replaced the winger aspect in McNeil, but obviously not the striker aspect.

Everton also needed two midfielders as a priority too.

The DCL injury was a risk waiting to happen and they should have been able to get a striker in sooner.

I don't think they had a plan. If they did, they would have had a replacement lined up simultaneous to the sale.

They've chucked points down the drain with their ineptitude and hung the manager out to dry.

I don't think they had a plan. If they did, they would have had a replacement lined up simultaneous to the sale.

They've chucked points down the drain with their ineptitude and hung the manager out to dry.
They were working on players. Richarlison was sold to appease FFP. We were unable to even buy anyone before July 1. Nothing could go onto the books for the 21-22 finanical year. It's a disgrace of Everton's own making.

Reports from Everton spin doctors dont interest me.
Everton have confirmed that the Maddock story wasn't true.

Talks have taken place over a new deal, no formal offer made.

If we sell Gordon for £50m+ we've had Chelsea's pants down for what he is right now. He might be brilliant in two years... still don't think he'd be worth £50-60m like.

Funny seeing Bats and Gilmour and Barkley getting lumped into suggested deals, all three players they have made it perfectly clear since the end of June they want to get rid of with absolutely no interest in them.

It's be like us trying to buy Onana and offering them Gomes, Gbamin and Rondon in part ex ?
I remember people saying that we should swap Zaha for Tosun like a club would swap their best player for our worst.

….sorry, Dave, I was genuinely interested if you & @bluestevon still held the same view despite reports to the contrary. You could well be right (in believing the club want him gone).

i don’t pretend to know the politics, I just think selling Gordon for north of £50m is very good business.

I do y think it is though mate, I don't believe for a second that 50m will be including at least 15-20m of that in add-ons for one.

I also don't think when struggling for talent or potential who could become game changing players you should sell one in the hope of finding another - especially given our track record in recent years of wasting money.

I put up the other week the costs the club can cut from P&S fir this season by moving on even part subsidized unwanted players - didn't include Dele either

The club can very easily raise enough money to bring in players needed, the Gordon sale is a 'quick' fix to that but the easiest way isn't usually the best way.

Dele leaving saves 10-15m depending on percentage wage and if any loan fee is paid - assuming a 1m loan fee and 35k pw they pay that's 12.75m right there.

Say Gomes and Gbamin both get loaned for 1m and 40k pw by the loaning club, there's another 6m raised.

Allan similarly 1m fee 50k pw brings in 3.5m

That's 22.25m off P&S which effectively works the sane way as a 22.25m sale would do in terms of what it allows is to do spending wise and all that without the cost of having to replace Gordon.

Now say Gordon is sold for 50m (40m up front - it won't be that high) we'd have effectively 17.75m in extra revenue over the earlier but have to replace Gordon - McNeil fir example cost us 17.5m so pretty much we'd be replacing Gordon with a McNeil type and have similar finances available than under my suggestion.

But in mine we will have significantly reduced our % income to wage ratio as well.

….sorry, Dave, I was genuinely interested if you & @bluestevon still held the same view despite reports to the contrary. You could well be right (in believing the club are forcing a sale).

In my post just now mate, I'm omitting the fact we could indeed do 'both' this season, but as the Gordon sale has supposedly been about raising money to fund transfers (with greater ability to offer more up front - for specifically this season only) I was trying to point out that we can raise 23m (without me quoting silly numbers but trying to keep it low end realistic in terms of deals).

That's 23m we can use to make payments THIS season not full spend - but just to be able to offer more attractive offers to clubs (again why Gordon leaving is being said by some to be necessary to allow a higher calibre of player to be targeted)

@BlueToff interested in your take on have i got this completely wrong

In my post just now mate, I'm omitting the fact we could indeed do 'both' this season, but as the Gordon sale has supposedly been about raising money to fund transfers (with greater ability to offer more up front - for specifically this season only) I was trying to point out that we can raise 23m (without me quoting silly numbers but trying to keep it low end realistic in terms of deals).

That's 23m we can use to make payments THIS season not full spend - but just to be able to offer more attractive offers to clubs (again why Gordon leaving is being said by some to be necessary to allow a higher calibre of player to be targeted)

@BlueToff interested in your take on have i got this completely wrong

….regardless of the ‘need’ to raise funds, there should always be a necessity to bring monies in if a good opportunity arises. I just think this is a decent bit of business at a basic £50m.

All about opinion of course.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.