2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we are looking for an auction and hoping Newcastle and possibly City(Guardiola another who appears to rate him)get involved in this sorry saga,can see it dragging out until deadline day unfortunately personally.
Might be so. I hope we dont actually try to keep him for a season and sell next summer in the hopes that his value rises.
Ill eat my sock if he is ever ‘valued’ more than he is this summer by Chelski.

….this contradicts @davek view that our club is a ‘cesspit’ & also @bluestevon that Kenwright is feeding misinformation to the press when the reality is that the club are looking to sell.

I admit to being a little confused & actually wonder if any of us truly know what is going on.

Dave/Ste - are you still of a view that the club wants this deal to happen and Kenwright is feeding lies to the press about Gordon’s stance on the matter?

I think the club are just trying to get the most money for the player, by saying “he’s not for sale” what they are really saying is that the offer is not high enough. Reports this morning that Chelsea are going to offer £40m plus Batshuayi and Gilmour. Personally I think we should stick at £50m but try and get the replacements signed before the deal is announced, so that the price of our targets don’t go up.

https://www.[Publication is blackli...-stars-in-gordon-part-exchange-bid-exclusive/

I think the club are just trying to get the most money for the player, by saying “he’s not for sale” what they are really saying is that the offer is not high enough. Reports this morning that Chelsea are going to offer £40m plus Batshuayi and Gilmour. Personally I think we should stick at £50m but try and get the replacements signed before the deal is announced, so that the price of our targets don’t go up.

https://www.[Publication is blackli...-stars-in-gordon-part-exchange-bid-exclusive/
Funny seeing Bats and Gilmour and Barkley getting lumped into suggested deals, all three players they have made it perfectly clear since the end of June they want to get rid of with absolutely no interest in them.

It's be like us trying to buy Onana and offering them Gomes, Gbamin and Rondon in part ex ?

I'd rather keep him. I'm not gorny like mist to get 50 million. Mosh would go down to shop fir milk and bread and ebdbup spending 50 million. A scouse academy lad that has potential and likes to get on the ball and attack with no fear is what I want. Not mosh getting 50 million back on the half billion he's already spent.
Ya I'm not for all selling either. He definitely has real ability. pace good touch ,unreal work rate and courage.

Yes he needs to stay on his feet, bulk up and learn re end product. But he has ability to do learn those.

I smile at those who think grab the money. Its 45 million. Different if it was 70 and its doubtful if we could attract real world class talent to replace him and those who want to sell might be complaining with the lesser quality we will more than likely bring in.

He is obiviously rated inside the game. Chelsea buy well even though they can spend a bit. they buy really good players.

I do understand those who might say use this money to add to whatever else we have to buy a center forward to challenge dcl for the position

Tell them not this season but give them first option for next summer (at which point we just go nah chelsea were not selling him anyways but cheers for asking) use that to get in someone we want not who they want to get off the bloated pay roll on loan.

Play them for a change

Funny seeing Bats and Gilmour and Barkley getting lumped into suggested deals, all three players they have made it perfectly clear since the end of June they want to get rid of with absolutely no interest in them.

It's be like us trying to buy Onana and offering them Gomes, Gbamin and Rondon in part ex ?

I actually think the club will be doing that, offer Blackburn £10m plus Rondon for Brereton-Diaz!

Their cast offs are better than ours.

However the similarities are that all those players have ridiculous wage demands no one wants to meet (apart from Gilmour)

Nobody said it was right not to get a striker. We just refuted the idea Everton hadn't attempted to - as they had. They failed, for a few reasons, all of which ultimately boil down to the previous incompetence.

There's been no excuse for the lack of activity on that front in the last 9 days though.

It was about getting our priorities right and we didn't do it. We focused on the wrong areas and didn't address the issue which will decide whether we stay up or go down.

How anyone can have even the slightest bit of faith in this club is beyond me

….this contradicts @davek view that our club is a ‘cesspit’ & also @bluestevon that Kenwright is feeding misinformation to the press when the reality is that the club are looking to sell.

I admit to being a little confused & actually wonder if any of us truly know what is going on.

Dave/Ste - are you still of a view that the club wants this deal to happen and Kenwright is feeding lies to the press about Gordon’s stance on the matter?
You believe what you believe for whatever your reason, I'll take my belief from the track record of this lying arse club.

I would take 40m plus those two.
Still gives us money spend but we have more cover throughout the squad in important areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.