2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
People seem to be ignoring that it actually isn't up to the club. They can just be horribly wrong in their valuation. It isn't really okay to turn down 45m for a 25m player because "we think he's worth 60m"
What’s your method of valuing a player?

Do you have a basic framework?

Fabrizio Romano In an interview with GMS, he said:

“On the player side, there will be no problem, but it’s also true that Everton will fight to keep the player.

“They would love to keep him for one more season and maybe sell him next summer for a different price. So, at the moment for Gordon, this is the situation.”

….this contradicts @davek view that our club is a ‘cesspit’ & also @bluestevon that Kenwright is feeding misinformation to the press when the reality is that the club are looking to sell.

I admit to being a little confused & actually wonder if any of us truly know what is going on.

Dave/Ste - are you still of a view that the club wants this deal to happen and Kenwright is feeding lies to the press about Gordon’s stance on the matter?

Think we are looking for an auction and hoping Newcastle and possibly City(Guardiola another who appears to rate him)get involved in this sorry saga,can see it dragging out until deadline day unfortunately personally.

I'd rather keep him. I'm not gorny like mist to get 50 million. Mosh would go down to shop fir milk and bread and ebdbup spending 50 million. A scouse academy lad that has potential and likes to get on the ball and attack with no fear is what I want. Not mosh getting 50 million back on the half billion he's already spent.

We calling the 3rd game of the season must win now???????
As far as I'm concerned we are done. Narrowly survived relegation few months ago and are now selling our two best players. This isn't a must win to me more of a dead rubber. Play the kids get them sharp for the Championship.

Big Simon talking sense.

Yesterdays news which I think adds a few more £ to the fee.

….this contradicts @davek view that our club is a ‘cesspit’ & also @bluestevon that Kenwright is feeding misinformation to the press when the reality is that the club are looking to sell.

I admit to being a little confused & actually wonder if any of us truly know what is going on.

Dave/Ste - are you still of a view that the club wants this deal to happen and Kenwright is feeding lies to the press about Gordon’s stance on the matter?

Looks like were trying to eeek out as much £ as possible.

I wonder how much were asking. £50mil seems an enormous figure for Gordon...

...if we got that for any of our players id be shocked now Richarlison has gone.

I am mate yes, because simply if the player is fine with whatever staying/going so no pressure from him and the club are 'fighting to keep him' then if true it's a very simple matter of they keep him.

Who exactly can force a sale if the club don't want to sell and the player is fine with staying.

It's PR spin - maybe because the narrative of the player pushing to move didn't gain enough traction - even the echo ran a story saying he was fine staying and other independant sources said he actively didn't want to leave.

The clubs covering it's bases now, to spin it into a 'great victory' by keeping him I think.

Maybe Lampards backed keeps Ng the player in private also, u think today's press conference will be an interesting one on what he actually says about this as he surely gas to be asked some very direct questions on it - I fully expect him to throw his full backing behind keeping him.

I'm also curious about Dele leaving out the blue, wouldn't shock me if it's a result of Lampard being told 'we only have this amount available without selling Gordon' and he with Thelwell have gone ok - we can free up an extra 10-15m by moving Dele on instead then thanks

People seem to be ignoring that it actually isn't up to the club. They can just be horribly wrong in their valuation. It isn't really okay to turn down 45m for a 25m player because "we think he's worth 60m"
It's fine if we think we can get £50m+ from Chelsea though, or we just don't actually want to sell the player.

You can dislike it all you want but it does seem Everton don't want to sell Gordon, so have put a silly valuation on his head (anything above £40m is probably silly at this stage, but there you go).

Status
Not open for further replies.