2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can well imagine that you did.

Those of us knowledgable about football can see the brilliance. Danny Murphy, having been there and done it puts it well in identifying AG as a superstar in the making.
Spadge Old Chap, Danny (man in shirt) Murphy is paid to spout about football. He has to say something or he loses his contract talking rubbish. Those of us of a certain age know it is a game that is not that complex, the PR machine now says it is. Danny never studied at Oxbridge so it may be difficult for him. Now a multi-zillion pound business you are lead to believe it is incredibly hard to 'really' understand. If it was then the vast majority involved would be unemployed and Danny would be a very affable milkman.

Nobody can accurately predict the future for players. We like Gordon because he is one of us and makes loads of effort. He may eventually be very effective, he is not at the moment.

It is 50/50 on Gordon. We are being offered twice his current value. Chelsea can afford to take a punt, we currently have to be more pragmatic. .

You used the word Brilliance, come on, he is not Rooney, Ronaldo etc. His work rate may make him a Kilbane the way things are looking. I would like Everton to be so strong we can say no and take the risk but we are not. We need more reliable output as we speak.

If we get beat by Forest the demons will return to this squad and they'll hide.

It really is a pivotal game. A win settles things right down.
Im sorry but im not calling and will never call the 3rd game of a season must win.

I realise the downside if we draw or get beat, but im sorry, no.

Come back to me at game 34 and we can talk more.

Im sorry but im not calling and will never call the 3rd game of a season must win.

I realise the downside if we draw or get beat, but im sorry, no.

Come back to me at game 34 and we can talk more.
I'm looking beyond the 3rd game and - unless a class striker or two comes in - we have a team that will struggle to get the goals we need to keep out of a relegation fight.

This is a self-inflicted wound too.

Spadge Old Chap, Danny (man in shirt) Murphy is paid to spout about football. He has to say something or he loses his contract talking rubbish. Those of us of a certain age know it is a game that is not that complex, the PR machine now says it is. Danny never studied at Oxbridge so it may be difficult for him. Now a multi-zillion pound business you are lead to believe it is incredibly hard to 'really' understand. If it was then the vast majority involved would be unemployed and Danny would be a very affable milkman.

Nobody can accurately predict the future for players. We like Gordon because he is one of us and makes loads of effort. He may eventually be very effective, he is not at the moment.

It is 50/50 on Gordon. We are being offered twice his current value. Chelsea can afford to take a punt, we currently have to be more pragmatic. .

You used the word Brilliance, come on, he is not Rooney, Ronaldo etc. His work rate may make him a Kilbane the way things are looking. I would like Everton to be so strong we can say no and take the risk but we are not. We need more reliable output as we speak.
Thanks mate. I have enjoyed your posting career to date but lately I think you might want to consider the sagacious musings of Mr Neil Warnock.

Status
Not open for further replies.