2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big secret mate, is it’s always a cycle, we will need to raise funds again next year, we will need to buy players, the current one is always the one - that will fix our problems - it never is, it’s eternal. Same for other clubs.

It’s why you have a long term strategy @bluestevon made a great comparrison with Declan Rice, what if WHU decided to cash in four years ago for 40 mill. He’s worth 150 mill now and the league know WHU aren’t for pushing around.
Are the clubs really in control tho? If the player doesn’t want to go they don’t agree terms with a new club and run down there contract anyway and then go on a free, massive signing on fee when they join a new club. If they do want to go then off they go to a new club, probably for more money than what they are on etc.

I believe that he doesn’t want to leave tbh
He’s clearly liked a lot by Lampard and will start most games whereas with Chelsea’s talent he won’t get a sniff and I think he’s smart enough to know that.
I think he wants to be a top player and you don’t become one by not playing competitively.

It’s why you have a long term strategy @bluestevon made a great comparrison with Declan Rice, what if WHU decided to cash in four years ago for 40 mill. He’s worth 150 mill now and the league know WHU aren’t for pushing around.
Rice either leaves with one year left or on a Bosman. In the former case they get money, but not his valuation or anything approaching it. In the latter case they get nothing. I would imagine that they're glad they kept him, but that will mainly be for production on the pitch rather than the increase in what they get when he leaves.

It's only a must win because our attack is horrendous and this deal is our best chance to fix that
We won't fix it for Saturday

So the two don't compute

I'm much more worried about Saturday as to whether we decide to sell Gordon or not, which I think we will if Chelsea meet our valuation

Status
Not open for further replies.