2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean every indication we've had so far is that he fancies it. We need people 100% focused on Everton to stay up this year.

What indications mate, Chelsea journos like Law and a rs crony of Kenwright like Maddox. That's where the player wanting to move has come from.

Others like Romano with no 'vested' interest have reported the players not pushing and happy to stay.

He has to go now in my opinion. The pressure on him if he stays will be unbearable for the lad.

Every loose pass, poorly taken corner or every time he is dispossessed there will be zero tolerance and any confidence he does have will be drained.

Just need to do the deal now.

This is an overlooked point. If he stays, any poor performance will just be spoken of like his head isn’t in it or he’s not committed. Would be a nightmare.

Fabrizio Romano In an interview with GMS, he said:

“On the player side, there will be no problem, but it’s also true that Everton will fight to keep the player.

“They would love to keep him for one more season and maybe sell him next summer for a different price. So, at the moment for Gordon, this is the situation.”

@bluestevon ”on the player side there will be no problem”

Pretty sure Fab isn’t a Chelsea fan.

This is an overlooked point. If he stays, any poor performance will just be spoken of like his head isn’t in it or he’s not committed. Would be a nightmare.

Who cares what nobs on social media say or on this forum, the lads who go the match will get behind him as they've always done - not heard any abuse if the lad ever at the ground compared to on here

Can easily be read as no problem with staying mate - nothing about him pushing for a move or expressing the wish to do so whatsoever

he's open to the move, but he's also happy to stay if it doesn't come off - i.e. won't push for it.

This is my reading of the situation based on, well, everything reliable that has been reported.

He has to go now in my opinion. The pressure on him if he stays will be unbearable for the lad.

Every loose pass, poorly taken corner or every time he is dispossessed there will be zero tolerance and any confidence he does have will be drained.

Just need to do the deal now.
Spot on.

If he stays he will be demonised at every opportunity and blamed for everything from not being able to bring in anyone better than Che Adams to the beer being warm at half time.

Not saying he'll ever be even close, but just for context google Cristiano Ronaldo 2004-2006 no end product

Same stuff was labelled against him btw back then - even his teammates are on record, Giggs, Neville and others as saying they had doubts about him.

Funny thing hindsight
Someone else made the Ronaldo comparison yesterday and as you mention he had similar stats in his first season at United. However, I think Ronaldo had flashes of brilliance from the get go that made his development appear more feasible - the flair, technique, confidence etc I’m not sure what special talent Gordon brings to the team because he doesn’t have those individual occasional moments of brilliance that make you think there’s a special attribute there to be nurtured that he can base his game on going forward.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.