Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest : 3pm KO : Saturday 20th August 2022

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
McNeil with genuinely one of the worst 30 minutes of football I've seen in a long time. Looked lazy, disinterested and just generally nowhere near good enough... and this is supposed to be one of the easiest fixtures of the whole season. No way he gets a run in the side any time soon; dropped today, came on and stunk the place out.
Never seen a player who puts the wrong weight on every ball he plays as much as him surely there's a better 20 mil player we could have nabbed

I don't think we're going alter the back 5 otherwise we wouldn't have brought in coady. I thought we were decent today overall the front line is inexcusably ineffective which needs to be addressed stat but compare that performance to last season like the Norwich game major improvement yes it's not good enough but it's not as bleak as everyone is making out

Iwobi immense again.
Patterson did well
Tark had a mare of a 1st half
Gray showed flashes and took his goal well
Davies huffed
Gordon seems to be on Chelsea's bench already , although produced some good moments
Onana showed glimpses of what we can expect
McNeil wasn't good again
The rest did okay

Through three games, it's clear to me that we've improved from last season on two-thirds of the pitch but the front third has regressed so much that it's massively holding us back.

I mean, just a competent front 3 - not even a great one - and we've probably got 5-7 points out of these first 9 instead of 1.

Not saying Lampard's been perfect, but given what he's had to work with, I'd say the blame clearly lies higher up.

Status
Not open for further replies.