2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard this 'we didn't expect DCL to get injured' excuse before

So we were planning on going into the season with DCL and Rondon as our only striking options?

That's pathetic - and a massive cop out by management
In my opinion, he was planning on going into the season with DCL and Rondon and then picking up Broja later in the window on loan.

He just got unlucky.

Getting bored, very quickly of Lampard. Plays a recognised striker and drops the one guy who supplies crosses in McNeil. When he does bring him on he removes said striker.
Also do we really need 5 at the back against a very poor Forest team, show some positivity especially at home.
Said it before, he talks a good game sadly in reality he isnt very good

Getting bored, very quickly of Lampard. Plays a recognised striker and drops the one guy who supplies crosses in McNeil. When he does bring him on he removes said striker.
Also do we really need 5 at the back against a very poor Forest team, show some positivity especially at home.
Said striker was blowing very early and managed 1 shot, he was outshot by everyone around him

Im not arguing for keeping Rondon, Im saying that the logic used in the post i quoted was very flawed. We simply dont know how the game wouldve ended if he didnt make the changes he did, when he did.
Pickford had been trying those passes throughout the game. Taking out rondon will benefit players like gray and Gordon to roam in between the lines, instead of a target man. Maybe it was his plan B.

We haven't got the midfielders to do anything else currently. Once Gueye (or another of similar level) comes in, then we may be able to. But they are trying to get onana fit and up to speed and the rest are garbage.

I dont buy it mate sorry.

Look im behind the manager but the simping over him from some is embarassing - his record isn't much better than the supposed worst manager in our 'istory who he replaced.

The way some go on you would think the guys Simeone.
The Benitez thing was more than just results though. The driver behind our survival was in part down to us, the fans. Frank got it and took it on board. There is no friggin way Benitez would have been part of that, we were doomed.

Now, this season, we need the players, selling Richie and not replacing him is scandalous. I’m sure Frank has put forward the players he wants in, including forwards, his problem is that he isn’t in charge of signing the players. Hopefully he will get what he wants and needs. I see positives though, for example the players he has at the back make me feel far more confident.

We had more attacking pressure when Rondon went off, he was a lead weight.

Chelsea play three centre backs all the time at home. Would you describe them as negative ?

He isn't though mate.

Benitez: 19 games, 5 wins, 4 draws, 10 losses

Lampard: 21 games, 6 wins, 3 draws, 12 losses

Yet look at how the fans talk about one compared to the other its just strange.
The walrus ain't gonna shag you mate.

Lampards missing 4 first teamers already.

The fatman would've relegated us.

We're still in this league because of Lampard.

Status
Not open for further replies.