Confirmed Signing Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Having said that I didn’t realise his goal scoring record was quite as good as it appears. He is an absolute snide (which may be a positive at times) but he isn’t a grafter and he needs service.
Between him and Adams he is very much second best. I accept that he is better than Rondon but he is no target man.
I hope he works out for you, even though he is a snidey ex vermin.

He covered on average 10km per 90 minutes in the 20/21 season (fourth highest in the squad), in a team which was 6th highest in the league for distance covered.

Not a grafter ?

Unsure about this one.

Have heard too often how great Potter's Brighton team had been with a decent striker. And it is a little concerning that Welbeck have been so much better than Maupay recently.

That said, I do think certain players and specifically strikers, do suffer a little from how Brighton plays. It is cool when players keep switching positions and wing backs ends up alone in front of goal and should score. But when it is the wing backs that end up in scoring positions, people need to stop blaming the strikers when the team does not score enough goals.

I do expect Maupay to be brought in to play with DCL. Not as a backup. They are way to different. Maupay is pint sized.

If Gordon is sold we will hopefully see more 352. But replacing Gordon with Maupay and/or Diaz does not show much ambition. Maybe money will be spent on a goalscoring midfielder?

I can’t believe this is what we can come up with - Tarkowski and Maupay. We really do look like a Championship side these days.

Of course, some of you are happy because Maupay is a ‘snide’ but I want good players at Everton again, not Neil ‘Not good enough for Brighton but good enough for Everton’ Maupay.

Jesus wept. The standards at this football club are in the mud. From Lukaku and Richyson to Rondon and Maupay.

It is worrying that we’ve gone from a front three of Richarlison DCL James to now Gray Maupay McNeill in all probability.

I was hoping we’d find a new attacking star to replace Richarlison

I'm neither under or overwhelmed. At 15m (if correct) it's a proven prem player who always scores a few a season & is an ok age. Not against this, just doesn't excite me which i suppose wasn't really on the cards this window anyway. @Tofeenut thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.